1961 Kingdom Service Questions-Not to be studied at any meeting, nor placed in general circulation among the publishers!

by Atlantis 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• trujw
    trujw

I have always found it amazing that they would ban polygamy. No were in the bible does it say a man cannot have more than one wife. It only said a deacon should have not more than one but is not a ban. Also who are they to have a man throw out his wife or wife’s who are his responsibility and I am sure had children with and what order and what wife he can keep. I find this just another example of a group of men trying to play GOD and going beyond what is written. Is there anything in the book about slaves? The bible doesn’t ban that either but maybe they let this pass cause in a sense they look at us as nothing more than cattle.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Thank you!

• Lore
    Lore
    It only said a deacon should have not more than one but is not a ban.

Actually it said: "A husband of one wife"

Which would disqualify all single people as well. But there are plenty of unmarried elders and servants.

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

On page 57, does anyone know what "she is like an unintentional first offender, and should be dealt with accordingly." means?

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

and...thanks atlantis

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Wow, the elders 'ascertain the facts" and decide if she was resistant enough.

Ugh.

• trujw
    trujw

I like page 57. "Jehovah's witnesses generally dont feel that they should sit as judges" that was in regards to Jury duty. WTF is this whole F###$$$ book about if not to judge? God who can write this with a straight face.

• trujw
    trujw

Another gem is the heading wife is unfaithful??????? Where is the husband unfaithul chapter?????

• pixel
    pixel

Thanks for sharing. I gotta read this e-cover to e-cover.

• Eustace
    Eustace

Pams girl

I remember being bothered by that Awake! passage when I was a kid. It was like they couldn't admit the existence of evil.

Maybe to them all sins are equal.

Smoking = Disfellowshipped.

Rape = Disfellowshipped.

Attending a Birthday Party = Disfellowshipped.

Murder = Disfellowshipped.

Disagreeing that the "organization" is spirit directed = Disfellowshipped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit