My 66th birthday is today!!

by Terry 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Once I was little boy in Fort Worth, Texas living with my Maw Maw and Paw Paw and Mommy.

Then, I was an 18 year old 6'4'' skinny 165lb religious nut being dipped in a baptismal during a local Assembly.

Suddenly, I was 20 and listening to a jail cell door clang behind me as a Conscientious Objector.

Wow! 23 years old and put on parole until my 6 years sentence was ended! I got married to a nice JW girl and had 3 kids!

After Pioneering and trying to support a family on part-time work I moved everybody from Texas to California!

In 1974 (one year before the END of six thousand years of human existence in 1975) I got a job as an artist and made non-Witness friends who became good friends for life!

Within 4 years I was Disfellowshipped, divorced and plunged into wretched despair as my kids and ex-wife moved back to Texas.

5 years later I had my 3 kids back living with me again. (Their mom had died in a car wreck).

Now those little kids are grown. My youngest daughter is 43! I have a total of 7 offspring. The youngest is 17.

They are the finest accomplishment of my entire life! The finest and most wonderful kids the world has ever known.

I look in the mirror searching for the shy little boy and only see this crinkly old guy peering quizzically back at me!

"Where did the time go?"

How much time left? I dunno. Nobody does.

Words of wisdom? Find people to love who will love you back and don't waste even 5 minutes on anybody who will turn their back on you when things get tough.

I learned much from Jehovah's Witnesses. Nothing I'd care to repeat by living it again, however.

I have good health (after a scare with a jaw infection last August.) I ride my bicycle when weather permits and I write bloated posts on JWN for entertainment.

I have no special lady in my life. I live with my cousin and her husband.

There are worse ways to end up.

I wish a good life on all of you out there still in your YOUTH.

Youth, as Bernard Shaw said, is wasted on the young :)

• perfect1
    perfect1

Happy Birthday!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Happy Birthday Mofu !!

My Dad turned 66 this year on January 6th.

May your birthday be filled with love, tenderness, compassion and all that your heart desires my friend :)

• Thor
    Thor

Wow, how things turn out and how time flies!

Happy Birthday! I wish the best for you,

Love, Mrs. Thor

• Terry
    Terry

Thanks, you whipper-snappers!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Happy Birthday Terry

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Happy birthday, Terry. What a wonderful reflection you have shared. A good reminder to not waste the time we have.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

• poppers
    poppers

Happy Birthday, Terry! Your presence here has been a gift to many, myself included - thank you.

• Glander
    Glander

Why, you're just a whippersnapper!

I was a 16 month old man of the world when you were born.

Congratulations, kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit