I am new here and need help...or just a listening ear

by Fallingaway 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• jhine
    jhine

Fernando , you welcomed me to a thread that I started about what takes away salvation . I did not realise that you were ex-JW . I would love to know why you left , it might help me to witness to my witness friends . I have never been a witness but am a trinitarian Christian who feels a calling to engage with JW's to try to help them think for themselves more , it is so sad that these false prophets keep so many locked in the dungeons of the Watchtower .

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Fallingaway, hello and welcome to the forum.

You're going through a lot right now, of that there is no doubt.

It's good your husband is not opposing you. Perhaps there is a chance you two can get out together, but you must proceed slowly and cautiously at first.

Have you considered bringing up to him the fact that JW practices and policies actually drive a wedge between family members, including a husband and a wife? Nobody feels safe to share their doubts and questions with anyone else for fear of being labelled an apostate, disfellowshipped and shunned.

Is this what Jesus would have wanted?

Hang in there. It gets better!

00DAD

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just wanted to add my welcome to the forum.

Please be patient...as the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day." You have time to research things and decide what to do. Yes, the guilty feeling at reading "forbidden" books such as CoC is unsettling, but with time will lessen. I have been "out" several years now, got my college degree, and am feeling so free after spending years feeling depressed because of the thirty years I spent going to meetings, out in service, and reading and studying teachings that changed after trying to make myself understand the doctrines which were like gobbledy gook in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit