Life after WT????

by Gojira_101 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

I'm just curious how many of the wonderful people on here have gone to another religion?

I recently left the WTB$ and the non-JW friends of mine are all inviting me to their church. I politely decline the invite saying I'm not ready. But honestly the reason is because I've been in the JW cult for almost 30 years and I don't see any religion on earth that is teaching "truth" per say. I also don't trust any other religion to not lie to me. I just left one controling religion and I'm not running to another one. I hope that makes sense.

I'm just curious how many other people on here have this same feeling or if they were able to find a church? Or did the JW's ruin you for life from trusting any other religion?

Peace!

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

Completely. If your searching for the truth, you are going to be looking for a long time. I still haven't found a place to worship. I travel all over the world working in some pretty amazing, rural locations. I find God all the time in my surroundings. I feel closer to God standing on top of a mountain than I ever did in a Kingdom Hall. I have also ,over time, found people with similar beliefs to mine of all different religions. It is a very WTBS idea that one group has it right. My best advice would be to love God and love His people and the rest will fall in line. God will not destroy you because you got some interpretation wrong. Look for happy, loving, and honest people and surround yourself with them.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I used to visit churches. I found them all to be "nice" and not at all what we were taught as JWs. But I don't go to any for the very reasons that you mention. My opinion follows...Truth is not found at a place, so stop looking for it somewhere. It's not important anyway. Live and love, that's enough. I find God in a sunrise, in a sunset, in a waterfall, in the sound of birds, or in the ocean waves. That lifts me up and makes me happy to be alive. I don't need for someone to explain it to me.

• jam
    jam

A few years after leaving the borg I became

a member of the church I was raised in, ( wasn,t

a raised in the borg). I conducted a mid week bible

study, sing in the men chorus (we sounded pretty good

I may add, LOL), visit the sick, those that was not able to

attend on first Sunday brought the wine and bread. All

this before I found this site. I was the poster child,

the first to leave the Witnesses and return home.LOL

The minister kept bugging me about starting a group

to go out in the door to door work, since I was a professional

in that work. Then I discovered this place and the rest is history.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Never a JW here, go to another church from my husband. A wise poster told me NOT to encourage a newly-exited Witness to attend ANY church. You need time to sort through everything. Give yourself at least a year.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Jam, what does that mean that the rest is history? Maybe I am suppose to know, but I don't. Does coming here cause people to stop going to church too?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I felt the same way at first. The Watchtower does a pretty good job at running down other religions, some of it true, some of it exaggerated. I have since learned that not all Christian religions teach hell fire, for example. I have visited my MILs Congregational (Church of Christ) church, I was quite impressed, I am thinking of checking out the one in my area. I don't think you need to rush into anything, but if you want to be part of something again, visit a few and check them out, you may be surprised.

• jam
    jam

Bob, For some their faith have become stronger, Jesus

instead of the GB. In my case I became an agnostic. That,s the

path I decided to go, for me only. I have learn to respect other

people belief. I am very happy where I am in life right now.

There are many here that attend church, and attend the KH.

I am the only one in my family, over 70-80 kin folks, that don,t

attend the KH or some church. So to answer your question, no

this site don,t make you stop going to church. I was pointing

out my life after the WT.

• thinking_1
    thinking_1

I did not move on to another religion. Questioning the WT sparked my questioning everything. I'm still searching, don't think I'll ever stop, but I'm more and more comfortable with the possibility that I won't find a god.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I felt the same way as you do. I couldn't put my trust in men again, and after 5 years I still feel the same. Jgnat is giving you good advice, you will need time, time to begin healing from the abuse of the WTBS, time to begin enjoying a 'normal' life, time to deal with the grief of the years youve lost, time to evaluate everything. It's a journey, that much is clear from the experiences on here. Some lose faith in God, some don't. I have maintained a strong relationship through prayer and study which I still very much enjoy. Try to keep your mind and your options open now that you don't have to answer for your thoughts and feelings. It's good to have you and your mother here, I hope you benefit as much as I have from this forum, it's a good place to get support with some wise and lovely people to help you.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit