I miss the in depth topics about WTS false teachings....

by wallsofjericho 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I have been inactive for 4 years, no service, no comments. (one exception - conductor once asked what big change ocurred in 1995. Needless to say I was the ONLY one in the audience that knew it was the dumping of generation 1914, so of course I commented. How ironic)

Anyhow, other than one newbie elder that just moved into my KH, no one has ever asked me why I am inactive or why I don't comment and I am still included in social gatherings. Why after 4 years no one has asked? BECAUSE NO ONE CARES

Or at least it seems to be that way.

Daring heart is right, they just know what days to come to the KH

• sabastious
    sabastious

I am currently doing a JWN posting series on Watchtower false teachings. I don't have the life circumstances to devote as much time as I want, but stay tuned for some interesting discussions. Here are the first two posts (many more to come when I have time).

Solving a Watchtower Mystery

Who is Babylon the Great?

-Sab

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Sab you have a PM.

Loz x

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

I think the shift from thoughtfull articals to childish ones occured when the Governing Body decided to reach out to unspiritual people. However the original Bible Students era mags were for those ones already interested in the Bible, ones who had a deeper base of scriptual understanding. In those days you could truely discuss Bible truths and not accecpt something untill you were thoughly convinced. Today, as we know, there is no room for discussion and we are not even able to speak literaly one word against a teaching without the full weight of the law falling on us ... so there is no need to provide detailed proves of a teaching ... we have to accept it, wether its believable or not.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Hey, I was born-in. It was only after coming here that I realize how they devalue Jesus. I knew they did not believe in the Trinity. I completely forgot about Michael. I attended public school before the school prayer decision. Our neighborhood was 98% Roman Catholic. Between films, books, Tv, and discussion's of JFK should not be elected, it is all a blur.

Someone wrote that the Witnesses are not Christians, but YHWHists. I agree.

If you read Russell or Rutherford (or even Freddie Franz), there never was a period of deep thinking.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Blues,

your not insane. The printing company has been spiting out 3 grade material for a long long time.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Its soooo nice not going to those meetings anymore and don't plan to go ever again, all the the up to date info is right here@ JWN. A big THANKS JWN!!!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

They're unable to make the same outrageous claims they have in the past now that the articles are in Satan's view (the internet). Within 24 hours of publishing, an interested party can retrieve a full commentary on the spiritual vomit that the WT posted and the commentary ends up being more exciting than the article.

I have to wonder if this was a contributing reason for the reduction in pages/larger margins/larger font/reduction in substance (meat). Their writers have to feel like they're in a corner.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

We get a lot of conversations going about any new literature that comes out. Unfortunately, the WT's are not very deep and very easily taken to task in conversations on this board.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Anyhow, other than one newbie elder that just moved into my KH, no one has ever asked me why I am inactive or why I don't comment and I am still included in social gatherings. Why after 4 years no one has asked?'

I'm curious, why you even bother to keep going.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit