Has disproving the "Truth" become an obsession for you at times?

by Pyramid Scheme 21 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

I love "truth". Truth is not what someone says it is. Truth is something that can be successfully defended.

Challenging significant claims in all areas is a life time dedication.

Enjoying the process of synthesizing contradictory claims is something you have to be born with because it can be very distracting.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WOW! Moshe!

Why don't you quit "beatin' around the bush"? Tell 'em what you really think! LOL

Doc

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Moshe,

That was genius!!!!!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

When I was first researching the 607 thing it was the weirdest feeling. JWs often relate how they came to know the troof, and I could never really relate because I was virtually a born in. But I think discovering the TATT would be something like they felt, maybe even more powerful for me.

Once I knew 607/1914 was founded on very shaky ground, along with the disgraceful way the GB misrepresents what they use to believe and what their expectations were for 1914, I started to realize everything I thought to be true had a very weak foundation. It was literally the first thing I thought about in the morning and the last thing on my mind when I went to sleep at night. It consumed my thoughts all day at work. Research was the first thing I did when I got home from work and I could not stop till very late at night. My stomach was in knots, and I had lost my appetite for weeks. My life with my family was suffering because I just could not stop learning and consuming information with every spare moment I had.

I was shocked at how many JW doctrines are questionable. I always felt the Revelation Grand Speculation book was a bit of a stab in the dark interpretation, but was surprised how much I believed was flimsy.

Like others have said, this site is full of people who can relate. I guess I am a jw-net junkie.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

A JW rang my doorbell Saturday morning. They woke me up and I didn't get there in time. Otherwise, I would have taken a crack at it.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I don't know how to express myself on this subject. I have spent a life time being submissive plus my heritage DNA is to be ultra polite.

I also was in the right frame of mind when I finally understood TTATT.

My only Brother was out, years ago. His enthuasium, or obsession, about what he found out, and how he overly expressed himself, was scary, to me.

If someone I cared about, talked to me slowly, gently, to try carefully, to reason, it would have helped.

Would I have loved to have known TTATT years ago, and reached out for a real life? Of course.

Just Lois

• Satanus
    Satanus

I went through those phases. Now, i don't care to argue w them, even if i get a chance. I figure, if they are ready for ttatt, then i have the goods for them. But, even then, i might not go for endless discussions. If they don't like it outside the wt org, they can go back. No more or less merit, or anything more or less for me.

S

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I think the desire and the behavior is understandable. I also believe it's an attempt to reclaim what's been stolen from the self.

The problem is that this thing that's been "stolen" is something that can't be recovered.

You just have to scar over and move on.

Your conscience is your own and you don't have to justify your conscience to anyone but yourself.

I think in the end that's what it's all about...convincing your self that you are right.

Remember in proving anything wrong, you don't have to take on every little thing.

Just one thing will do.

We don't arrest a man caught with blood on his hands and charge him with murder AND late fines on his library books.

The murder rap is all you need.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

It's just a phase you're going through. Soon you won't feel you have to defend yourself from them. They're not worth the time.

• questionall451
    questionall451

You can't fill a glass that is already full. When someone is already right in their own eyes it isn't worth the time to argue because nothing you ever say will be right to them. Others are too frightened by the idea that the organization could ever be *gasp* wrong about being God's Channel. If you value relationships on the inside, best just to be subtle like, "Wonder how many times they're going to redefine the word 'generation'?" or, "Wow! That new understanding seems like they're really streching it."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit