1/15 WT- Guilt, Guilt, and More Guilt ! Black & White Cult Reasoning !

by flipper 33 Replies latest jw friends

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

It is mind blowing how detached they are from reality having lost all credibility .They are like little babies that want attention all the time .One thing remains to be seen WHEN will someone tell them to SHUT UP in public .I forgot ,the new light says they can only attend special assemblies where only the best drones attend pre-selected ,to avoid any unwelcome surprises

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Strange how the Watchtower is expert at handing out advice they are unable to live by. When was the last time the Governing Body worried about making a living? Ray Franz said they enjoyed being treated like rock stars and celebrities, many of them were not Bible scholars and voted on issues and matters without using the Bible or various sources, that would damage the lives of the sheep they are suppose to protect. The Governing Body are treated better than the Apostles were, how can they justify their groupies who worship them?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Strange how the Watchtower is expert at handing out advice they are unable to live by. When was the last time the Governing Body worried about making a living? Ray Franz said they enjoyed being treated like rock stars and celebrities, many of them were not Bible scholars and voted on issues and matters without using the Bible or various sources, that would damage the lives of the sheep they are suppose to protect. The Governing Body are treated better than the Apostles were, how can they justify their groupies who worship them?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

That WT 1/15 is EXACTLY the kind of #%$! that was printed on a regular basis in the 1970s.

I was thinking that this rhetoric wasn't new. I remember that bit about not being able to be appointed if your job prevented you from making all the meetings.

I always hated the fact that I never got a day off from the pantyhose. I'd have to get dressed up every weekday for work and then Saturday and Sunday mornings too. Sometimes I just wanted to bum around in my pajamas and have pancakes for breakfast on a Saturday morning, but my conscience (read: WT guilt tripping) would push me out the door.

• flipper
    flipper

ROBERTA- I hear you. The information makes me sick as well. All of us were always told to put our lives on hold on behalf of WT Society interests. But no more . I'm glad many of us are out and free !

RAYMOND FRANTZ- Very true. The WT Society indeed HAS lost all credibility. Your comparison to a baby wanting all the attention is so true. No JW's have the gonads to tell WT leaders to " shut up " because as you said they pre-select who will be attending their meetings and conventions. So it lays on us out here in ex-JW land to inform JW's sitting on the fence what is REALLY happening.

ARBOLESDEARABIA- Exactly. GB and WT leaders never have had to worry about earning a living - the WT corporate earns it for them. They are fat cats spoiled rotten. Like rock stars as you said. Very true. I think the GB really enjoys the worship and adulation they get.

COBALTCUPCAKE- Like yourself I got so tired of getting up early Saturday & Sunday mornings. Until age 44 when I exited the Witnesses 9 years ago - I felt like I wasted over half my life screwing up my weekends for this mind control cult. What a waste ! I'm making up for it now though by pursuing great , fun hobbies and enjoying living life in freedom ! Hope you are too my friend. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    punkofnice - "Getting them to police each other like in Nazi Germany where Hitler youth would rat out their parents."

Didn't Ray Franz mention (in Crisis of Concience) a moment in the late 70s when someone high up in the heirarchy suggested a "loyalty oath"?

• flipper
    flipper

VIDIOT- I believe you are correct. I DO remember Ray Franz stating in " Crisis " that someone higher up requested having a " loyalty oath ". Pretty creepy when we consider how much criminal activity the WT Society has been involved with since then ! Ick. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I thought so.

Loyalty oaths are something you'd normally expect from far-right-wing militia groups and Middle Eastern terrorist cells...

• flipper
    flipper

VIDIOT- Exactly. Good points. I look at the WT Society as a sort of " terrorist group " in it's own right. Close to a nazi like terrorist group. At least the leaders as well as anyone appointed with power and control in the organization. It's a much more subversive organization than most people care to admit

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ack. Talk about a god that's totally needy and clingy. Does he not have a life so that micromanaging our lives is his priority? Sounds like the kind of parent that drives their children away by constantly nagging and meddling. Well, I guess that's what's happening with most JW kids. They leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit