Are you now ashamed of how gullible you were as a JW?

by biometrics 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

Now that you realise how idiotic some of the JW beliefs are/were, do you feel ashamed of how gullible you were to believe them?

If anything my past as an adult JW makes me understand how easily manipulated people are by the people and environment around them. And that even intelligent people can be influenced beyond what is rational.

• finally awake
    finally awake

very much so

• wasblind
    wasblind

Now that you realise how idiotic some of the JW beliefs are/were, do you feel ashamed of how gullible you were to believe them?______Bio

YES

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Yes. I feel like an idiot who believed in Santa Claus as an adult.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

More angry with myself than ashamed. Especially for all the things I missed with my kids, like bdays.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

No~ I completely agree with your second paragraph, and feel that I'm in good company with many that have left....including those that have left other cults

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

More angry with myself than ashamed.

Same here!

I am totally pissed off that I was so damn gullible!

Just as much as I am pissed off at them for being so damn egomaniacal to think God was speaking though them so that they should direct other people's lives.

Doc

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I regret falling for things that could be checked, but I have forgiven myself and I am content with my regrets.

• Twitch
    Twitch

It's not a bad thing to feel as such necessarily. A catalyst for change.

Forgiving oneself and moving on. Such simple and sublime words, seemingly elusive but dynamic and attainable.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm not. When i found out it was faulse, i tried to alert my jw friends. I knew it was just a matter of time before i would be dffed. I never backed down. Somebody w more family in might want to do it differently, though.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit