reinstatement tries

by Honeybucket 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

In short-

I am looking for the reinstatement guidelines for someone who has been actively trying to get reinstated for 2 years and have put in a reinstatement letter 3x in those two years but was denied everytime. Are the elders just making an example of them, have they permenately been kicked out, or maybe these people dont want to come back and this story is part of their fade.

Has anyone ever heard of people not getting reinstated. Is the 3rd time the charm or can there be more?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What's the story? If you don't mind sharing. Did you piss of someone in particular?

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

Someone I know married someone that wasnt scriptually free. Although the elders had talked to her many times, she told them she didnt care and ran off and married him. So they both got disfellowshiped. That was about 2 years ago. She travels for her job all over the states. It was her mother that told me that they both had tried 3x for reinstatement but have been denied. I am just curious if anyone else has heard of someone being barred from being a dub. Are the elders making a example of them or perhaps they just decided to not be a dub and are making this story up to make thei parents feel better.

• caliber
    caliber

I have heard of up to 7 years waited for premeditated divorce , remarriage etc

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Even though God forgives and forgets, the WTBTS keeps permanent records.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Why go back?

If the situation was scandalous in the hall it can take a while. They will want to "make an example of them". The "inocent" mate may be making a rucus and pointing out they have not "done works befitting repentance" or made ammends (child support) or fraud may be involved somehow....or they may have just pissed off someone.

Next letter they should address the fact work has taken them out of town, and it is the FOURTH letter over x months and they would appreciate knowing what is expected ..how long will it be etc...but with lots of "repentance" and groveling. DATE IT.

She should point out she hasn't missed a meeting in 6 months except for the days she was working out of town.

Why don't they just come on board here and give it a rest?

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I totally wish they are on here. I hope they have realized TTATT and are taking this opportunity to make a exit, I would be thrilled..

So if she is on here, and if her initials were B.M.M-message me-tell me your ok and that life is treating you good on the road.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

This site is probably more useful for finding ways to get DF'd instead of Re-instated...

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

They made me wait more than a year just because they insisted the Organization book said a year (which it doesn't). They like to get their pound of flesh. I asked for reinstatement every month from the moment they DF'd me. That made them SOOO angry. They told me I was disrespectful of the borg because I was asking for reinstatement too soon. Assholes.

If you really want reainstatement (and I understnad the possible reasons), then you have to keep trying. It depends on what you did, the particular elders, etc. If you feel like things have gone on too long, maybe you can appeal to the society? I don't know. I was desperate and ready to do almost anything after they put me through months and months of hell.

• pbrow
    pbrow

premeditated divorce/marriages can take a long time and a previous poster is correct... the innocent spouse does have some say (not officially though) I also think a few very nice contributions written in check form may help speed up the process.

I was innocent spouse (although df'd for smoking cigars around the same time) and my ex and her new money new husband got back in around 2 years later. They got back in before me! Frankly both ex, new hubby and new hubby's ex all deserve each other.

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit