Girlfriend probably getting DF'd

by The JHWH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

TheJHWH, why do you say she will never leave you. That's kind of a bold statement for any guy to make regarding the fairer sex.

• The JHWH
    The JHWH

Cagefighter, what I meant to say was that she won't leave me for the sake of me not beeing a JW.

Ofc i cannot say this with a hundred percent certainty, it's a matter of trust.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Don't understimate this. It's a cult, she is brainwashed. Even if she accepted the TATT there would be nothing there behind those pretty eyes you adore for a long time. I hope it works out, but there is a reason she is even playing their game. She has no identity with out the JWs. Most people will choose to have an identity over having a partner. I hope I am being pessimistic.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

There has been a distinct, Brooklyn-directed trend in recent years towards tougher JC crack-downs.

Older, more sentimental Elders are being overruled or forced aside and replaced by more ruthless Company men, and "brazen" behavior is endorsed as a blanket DFing offense.

The only conclusion I can come to is that the GB want (conciously or otherwise) to thin down the ranks and purge the "lukewarm", bringing the size of the WTS down to a more manageable level of die-hard loyalists whilst maintaining the lifestyle they're accustomed to.

Yet more evidence the WTS is in decline, as far as I'm concerned.

I know this sounds weird, but for XJW critics, this is arguably good news (strategically speaking)...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

only needs 2 elders....3rd elder would be over-ruled

i know..i was that soldier

• happy@last
    happy@last

The setting of a date would be to show 'works' demonstrating repentance, just saying she's stopped having sex obviously isn't enough, but showing that she intends to 'make it right' might be.

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

Not sure where this has got to, but (it took me a while to get an account, and) I just had to say that she could set a date for the wedding... then when that date passes, and the elders ask why you're not married, surely she can tell them there was new light and they shouldn't have been so eager... and she can set a new date. Repeat as many times as needed!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

can't understand why anyone would want to punish themselves with going to a JC after the huge guilty conscience is enough to live with, me and my wife had plenty of sex before getting married, no one knew or was ever likely too, the Holy Spirit watching is all a load of BS, millions of them play double lives.

• Eustace
    Eustace

only needs 2 elders....3rd elder would be over-ruled

That's what I was going to say. Unlike tijkmo I wasn't an elder, but I did read about the "2/3rds rule" in a download of the "Shepherd The Flock of God" book. It's very disturbing.

I wish I could tell my cousin, who for some crazy reason wants to be an elder, about the 2/3rds rule but I'm worried he'd get on my case for reading the secret elder's manual.

Is the 2/3rds rule anywhere to be found outside the secret elder's manual?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit