Do you think the WTS is about to change the doctrine about 1914? If so, what are the signs that is under way?

by EdenOne 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

No. They turned that corner when they published two complete WT articles (Oct/Nov 2011) defending the 607 BC date (which is indefensable). They knew that 607 is the biggest bone of contention in their chronology and surely there was much round table discussion about what to do. Their decision was not just to hang onto it but to take it front and center and face it head on with their Oct & Nov "expert" (Rolf Furuli) explanation. The articles APPEARED to have much historical backing. Few JWs would ever begin to attempt to muddle through it all to confirm or deny anything in them. "The Society said it, so I believe it." You gotta trust them over any "worldly" historian [who is controled by Satan].

First of all, they don't need to change it for most R&F JWs. They have hidden the 607/1914 in an Appendix in the back of the newest Study Book, so most new converts will never even be faced with a serious discussion about it and most JWs won't have to go through it each time the get to that point in the book. It's just covered over. They will continue to keep this doctrine on the downlow. 2 Tim. 3:1-13 will be the cornerstone scripture to be connected to WWI as evidence of their prophecy of 1914 being confirmed.

Second, they will likely start mentioning Noah's 120 years of preaching more frequently. That will give them another 20 years easily, without much fanfare or any New Lite required. Yep, ole Noah didn't give up after just 100 years and only he and his family members got the boat ride to salvation. What if he would have given up after 100 years?

After the 1975 fiasco, most JWs hung in there for another 20 years before the WT had to change the "generation" doctrine in 1995. And most of them still hung in there after that bomb was dropped, although it appears to be the biggest cause of an exodus in recent times. So, I suspect we will see that most of the R&F hangs in for another 20 years waiting for their Ark to sail.

Doc

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

They can't summarily dismiss it; the shock would be too great for the R&F.

startled

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

OK, here's mine.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Ooops, double post.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

[Edited to remove foot from mouth.]

Ann, you have a PM>

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Edited too. Post no longer important.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I still say that irregardless of how much they love this date out of tradition, irregardless if 607bce is hidden away, still...

There remains the great amount of time passed by since 1914 - which was supposed to usher in the kingdom.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Obvious to me James, that you're gonna miss the Ark.

Patience is a virtue.

Doc

• heathen
    heathen

I am agreeing that the 1914 date will not be changed at any time , they will continue to tweek things around it , You just can't walk away from the birth of the religion and Rutherford getting the keys to the kingdom after sitting in jail , they have the 2 witnesses dying and coming back after not being buried tied to it even . This religion started the hype on picking dates but then blames everyone else for following it , it is really sad how they took advantage over people selling their homes with a fake date in mind , I'm not big on materialism but why are people at brooklyn heights living better than they ? There are some serious dogma issues I feel they have yet to realize , such as IMO , if you are in the 144 class the only way to complete the course is death at the hands of the corrupt political leaders , they pretend they can just wait it out in brooklyn whilst telling the rest their salvation is based on obedience to them when jesus clearly says they need to feed them if they are starving , cloth them when naked and visit them in prison . If they just sit there fat and happy then that is not going to happen ..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would agree James-Woods

It has already been slowly removed from public talks and written about in articles.

It may become something that only the older JWS remember from past teachings.

Newer JWs are more drawn into the faith by other impending means, the signs of times for example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit