Does JESUS Have Wings?

by Cold Steel 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe Jesus is an angel. They also apparently believe that angels have wings.

Jesus was a spirit being before He was born, we're told, and He was resurrected as a spirit (even though Jesus insisted He wasn't a spirit), then does He still have His [ring bell] wings?

In this picture, posted elsewhere on this board, God sits atop a throne supported by four archangels. Is Jesus one of the four, or is He the one on the throne? He supposedly became the king in 1914. There's also considerable evidence that Jesus wasn't Michael, but Jehovah Himself. As mediator between God and man, Jesus was the one who handed down the Law and appeared to Abraham as the great "I Am." In fact, when Jesus identified Himself with Jehovah before the Jewish leadership, they tried to stone Him. But He passed through their midst.

• designs
    designs

CS- Where you a JW. Jesus was taught to us as a one.of.a.kind Archangel (wings optional). Don't get to wound up on the New Testament its mostly Anti-Semitic crap.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes!..

He Drinks Red Bull..

....................... mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• heathen
    heathen

I guess he can always go to wing stop and get some if not>LOL

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Is THAT supposed to be Jesus flying on the right????? He is lower than the Governing Body..and seems a little out of the loop......

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

What the hell good would wings do you in heaven anyway? As far as I know, there's no air up there, showings are pretty ineffectual.

Angels would be better off with a few well placed rocket thrusters

• Terry
    Terry

I don't think the Watchtower has taught that Jesus is the Archangel Michael for a decade.

That's "old light".

• heathen
    heathen

NO NO , you don't get the wing thing ,, angels are already lighter than air and need wings to direct themselves .

• mP
    mP

Jesus like Apollo rides on chariots in the sky. They are the light, give life and so on, because they are the sun. The art work you present above shows this, and just like we cant look at the Sun, we cant look or see Jesus in the images. The sun walks on water, etc all the those non human descriptions of Jesus in the gospels are a perfect match for our glorius sun.

• DavePerez
    DavePerez

BOC said:

What the hell good would wings do you in heaven anyway? As far as I know, there's no air up there, showings are pretty ineffectual.

Yeah, but you're forgetting angels need to also fly in Earth's atmosphere. Aha!!

But yeah, that inefficient design lacking jet propulsion really doesn't support the whole 'intelligent designer' claim, does it? You'd think the creator would've worked out the aerodynamics of wings and such with the angels, before proceeding with the dodo?

Oh, well: practice makes perfect, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit