SkyGreen is no longer one of Jehovahs Witnesses... Why?

by SkyGreen 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That was excellently thought out and written. It doesn't waste time in bogged down doctrinal explanations, but cuts right to the heart of the matter, yet still includes the doctrine as a problem. It's captivating enough that even though a JW should stop reading it (because apostasy is contagious) they might not stop.

I like your reason for your name. I am glad your husband is supportive. I have a JW wife who, although she is not sure of what to think of where I am at spiritually, is supportive enough to stay out of interfering with my finding my own way rather than lose me. I wish you well.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• scary21
    scary21

The bible says it would become a wasteland and they would serve 70 yrs. JW think that means a wasteland for 70 yrs..They served 70 yrs and it was a wasteland for 50.........So the worlds view agrees with the bible.........JW view NO......that is my understanding from reading " Gentile times reconsidered " A must read !............Good letter you wrote !

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Well said Skygreen! Congrats!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi SkyGreen, You wrote a well thoughtout letter about your reasons, but how will your mother relate to your reasons? What does she value in being a JW? Is it her circle of friends? Is it her beliefs? Has she put too much time into the lie that she cannot see the truth?

Do you want to continue to have a loving relationship with your mother? If you do, I would recommend that you buy one of Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults, and Organizations"). If you own a Kindle, you can buy the "Freedom of Mind" (his latest book and the one that most applies to your situation) as an e-book on Amazon.com, if you don't want your husband to see it until he has his TTATT moment. I would also recommend that you spend time with your mother to show her that you are still a loving and Christian person, introducing her to non-JWs who might have similiar interests, and how wonderful the world is without the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• whathappened
    whathappened

You are light years ahead of those you have left behind back at the old Kingdom Hall.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thanks for the input....but I've been on this forum for 9 years and maybe I'm to old to understand all the abreviations.....but what the hell is TTATT?

HappyDad

PS: if a poster can type the entire story, then why can't he/she just spell out what they are trying to say instead of this kind of BS?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I enjoyed your story and wish you happiness!

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

Happy Dad, TTATT means "the truth about the truth", it took me a while to decipher that one too! Whats BS??!! just kidding, why dont you just type bullshit?

Thanks to everyone for the helpful feedback. For those that asked, my parents are "ubder dubs", it is their WHOLE LIFE. I have no interest in trying to "wake them up", i just dont think it would help. A quick update:

My mum knows Im inactive in the ministry and irregular. She really wants me to explain why. I was honest with her in saying that research has led me to believe that according to the bible the witnesses cant have "the truth", i dont just have doubts anymore about the org. I also said that since coming to that conclusion I now have serious doubts about the bible. She asked me so what led to those conclusions and how do you feel about Jehovah? I have answered that I feel it wouldnt be productive to explain all my reasons, that these are personal and private, and that I have no desire to tear down the faith of another person. I also said that I find it VERY hard to believe in God anymore, but that I am OK with that, that I no longer feel like I have to have those answers. I said that taking that burden off myself is helping me to relax and actually focus on my family life more. Hopefully she can accept that. I will continue to encourage her to care for her health (mental and physical), enjoy her hobbies and her grandchildren. We just wont talk about spiritual matters unless she asks me direct questions. I thought about sending her the "letter" I put in my original post, but I just dont think its the right time. It would just lead to more questions and more stress. I need to be relaxed so I can enjoy time with my husband and kids - whilst having this email discussion with my mother i havent been very available as a wife or mother, and it affects my relationship with them badly.

I said on my other thread that Im going to continue with the Sunday meetings to try and keep my family unified. I have hopes that my husband will fade with me eventually, but it has to come from him. I need to be supportive of him. When he is relaxed and happy, I am relaxed and happy and vice versa. And if we are happy together, we are the best parents we can be. That is so important to me, the most important thing of all really.

Am in a bit of limbo at the moment, its tough isnt it!? But I know things will get easier, its just been a matter of finding some sort of balance as a family.

I have more to say, but I have to watch how much I share here.

Bye for now

Love Sky

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Welcome. Enjoy your freedom. Live life on your own terms. Moms are the most difficult to explain to. Don't let that stop you. Most of us have been there. All the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit