New Release for 2013 District Assemblies

by RubaDub 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel

Way to go! Eraser Light!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

lol, wow. Don't laugh people, this might be true!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    lol, wow. Don't laugh people, this might be true!

It IS already true for literature that they post on their website. Presto-chango in the blink of an eye.

• undercover
    undercover

It IS already true for literature that they post on their website. Presto-chango in the blink of an eye.

Below is a post I made on another thread about the Reasoning book. The old printed Reasoning book is old light, in that it still says that the generation of 1914 will still be around when Armageddon comes. But when the WTS added this book to the new JW.org online library, I fully expected it to be re-written. But it's not. It's still the same as the old printed version.

*** rs p. 97 par. 2 Dates ***

Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end.—Matt. 24:21, 22, 34.

Blondie quoted that from the Reasoning book. I'm guessing from an older CD copy.

I went to the 'new' JW.org, searched through the 'online library', found the Reasoning book, found pages 93 - 98 (subheading 'Dates') and found the same exact quote:

As shown under the heading “Last Days,” those events have been clearly in evidence since 1914. Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end.—Matt. 24:21, 22, 34.

You would've thought that they would have cleaned that up for the 'new' online version, huh?

(wonder how long it takes before they do it now? Hiya, Bethel boys )

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Such a great idea. I'm sure they'd do it if they only could!

Actually, I think that's one reason they're going to posting more stuff on jw.org. That way they can electronically change the text so it always says whatever they're teaching now.

Notice the online library only goes back to 2000.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Yes all new pubs will be e-books.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

It's like "strobe light."

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    That way they can electronically change the text so it always says whatever they're teaching now.

Yes 00DAD ...

It's like it never happened.

Rub a Dub

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

read 1984 big brother

Winston worked in the department that constantly updated the media so that it always reflected current truth

I am sure the story is not lost on the WT

Oz

• moshe
    moshe

The WT should go ahead and release the "Nothing Has Happened Yet", book. It's a special 100th anniversary commemorative book- for 1914-2014.

All the pages are blank inside, so it won't ever go out of date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit