WT 4/15 GB: narcissism in high functioning individuals (big ego or severe disorder)

by Gorbatchov 30 Replies latest jw friends

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

@Sir82, remeber all the articles that talk about 'divine protection"? It applies to the group not to the individual . Jehovah values the "group" over individuals.

Should that be of any suprise since they stamp out all trace of individuality ?

• 88JM
    88JM

Just already emphasizing what is in their brochure:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/227944/1/Latest-convention-brochure-on-the-Governing-Body

The December 15, 1971 Watchtower version:

• pixel
    pixel

It seems the Branch Committee, CO's and Do's got upgraded since 1971 MS got downgraded.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

There's eight (8) guys illustrated at the GB table... They even drew Sam Herd (he's in the middle)... yeah, narcissism is definitely the right title for this thread...

• DavePerez
    DavePerez

Phizzy said:

That picture really encapsulates the huge arrogance and egos of the GB, how demeaning to the others pictured to put themselves at the top

Surely a slave should be right at the bottom ?????

Remember that the parable co-opted by the GB of the worshippers of YHWH would place them in the role of the master slave, left in charge of the other domestic slaves: think of a slave who was promoted to slave-driver.

Has Jesus been thrown under the same bus as CT Russell ? Jesus is not evidently important in the scheme of things. Although I can vaguely make him out sitting at the RH of Jehoober as he has idly been doing for 99 years, lazy bugger.

You also can make out the four wheels of that hot-rod jalopy, great for layin' some patches and doin' brodies!

• hoser
    hoser

I wonder why they call them the governing body and not the faithful and discreet slave?

• Splash
    Splash

The rest of the anointed dont even get a mention.

Splash.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wuz: Hello Operator, get me Jesus on the line

Elder: Will you please hold

Overseer : Will you please hold

Branch: will you please hold , Sorry Wuz, The Governin' Body can't speak to you

Oh, by the way you have now been marked as bad association

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

hoser and splash - When the new WTs come out (the study editions) I search for occurances of "faithful slave" It seems over the last five months or so these have almost disappeared (just going off of memory, I guess I should document this stuff). Interestingly, I seem to remember more mentions of "Governing Body" instead.

Its interesting considering the nuuuuuuu lite which basically says GB=FDS. This picture also solidifies their position at the top. THey are the leaders of the club, and they are going to keep membership extremely exclusive, no more of you wannabe partakers get a voice at all.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Is there a full PDF of this magazine somewhere? I only see March on jw.org...no April.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit