The BEST way to "wake up" a JW

by Phizzy 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Phizzy - "We have debated this over many years and in many threads, as all of us have family and/or former friends still in. It seems that there is no "Best" way to wake up a JW, it is as elusive as the "true" religion it seems."

Knowing what motivates a JW to be a JW is very important to help them break the WTBTS's mind control. Unfortunately, a JW having an authentic and cult persona makes it confusing and complex. Probably only a person, who is trained in Steve Hassan's methods and has prior experience, could consistantly help JWs to overcome their cult indoctrination. In the long-term the WTBTS will probably help awaken more JWs as the WTBTS trys to tighten and victimize JWs.

For the average person the best thing to do is to prep-the-battlefield by introducing JWs to non-JWs, who a JW's authentic persona can connect with; do activities that their authentic persona likes; and ,initially, ask simple and non-threating questions about how they feel about issues that are not related to WTBTS doctrines and ask more challenging questions much later. After doing something non-JW with a JW, ask the JW how they feel and reinforce their positive feelings.

Unfortunately, JWs will back slide because of their cult persona, so different outcomes will occur depending on the relationship between the JW and the person helping the JW. A person who is related to a JW and is considered a JW in "good standing" (brain dead) will have a better chance of success helping a JW than a non-JW, who the JW is romantically interested in. Never underestimate WTBTS indoctrination.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• BU2B
    BU2B

bump

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"I think it is entirely a personal thing. What works for one, doesn't work for another. You have to judge what it is that is each persons achilles heel and go with that. That takes time."

This is a perceptive coment by Tornapart, but , I still go by what I said in the O.P for the majority of present day JayDubs, it is an emotional attachment, first and foremost.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

It's really simple. They have found a place that has accepted them. Many of them may have emotional problems & the world may not accept them, but go into a KH, you can be a child abuser, wife beater....etc. if they don't show signs of these behaviours, they are accepted. Some of these emotional folks where shut ins...some witness knocked on their door & accepted them & accepted a bible study & off into the wild blue yonder. So wild horses couldn't drag them away. Most witnesses are social misfits, not all.

I have been in the truth for just a little while & the ones I know...there is nothing anyone can say to make them leave..for some they have made being a witness their life. They have nothing to do with other folks so, in all honesty where DO THEY CALL OR WHERE CAN THEY GO ? Even if they wanted to they feel they would have to start all over again. They are uncomfortably comfortable...

Legacy

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

warm water on the hand?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This religion also seems to be a religion that attracts and keeps the insecure. People that can not believe enough in themselves to except Gods free gift of salvation. They think there not good enough so when told they must do things to earn it, it fits well in to their insecurity. I think thats why woman seem to do better and are more loyal over all to the religion.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Legacy and Crazy Guy: bang on with those observations!

They fit my mother perfectly. 2 wayward kids to look after with a bitter batterer husband to divorce, she was ripe for the picking.

Along comes a pioneer sister who helps her at every turn, even lending a hand to discipline us boys, in fact running my mums life for her. My mum must have thought she was in heaven with all the physical and emotional support. After the divorce, this pioneer sister even saw it fit to fix her up with a bethel returnee!

No wonder she clings onto the " only religion that truely helps people" idea. She is impervious to anything I say, or even try to discuss. In the event I bring something up, she rewards me with the cold shoulder for months.

2014. This is the year I am going to see my mum for who she really is. She can try and shun me all she likes, i'm in her face from now on!

GA

• mrquik
    mrquik

Phizzy; You make a good point. I was born in. Stayed in for 50 yrs. Was disfellowshipped for divorce. Remarried a "worldly" girl & was intending on getting reinstated. As I was well known, the JC was looking to make an example of me & dragged their feet. After 2 yrs., I got fed up & started doing my own research. After C o C there was no turning back. Just dumb luck. I shudder to think of what my life would have been like & what I would have dragged my new wife through. I would like to use this opportunity to personally thank Frank M. of the Palmyra, NY Congregation for "punishing" me. You'll never realize what a wonderful gift you gave to me. You set me free Frank. I wish I could do the same for you.

• Legacy
    Legacy

@ Gone awol,

Isn't there a scripture that says, they come into widows homes ...Mark 12:40 40 They take advantage of widows and rob them of their homes, and then make a show of saying long prayers. Their punishment will be all the worse. I think there is another one as well, but can't find it at the moment...But what they do is love bomb you. If you have never been loved bomb before or have lost love, as you say, you are a perfect target. I remember one sister told me, she was a single Mom, she wouldn't know what to do if she didn't have the witnesses. Many of them get overwhelmed with having children, especially if they are divorced or just a single Mom. But if you don't watch them they'll lean on the friends to help them raise the children. I have my own opinion of this...not enough time to share that.

Most of the friends are needy....they need constant encouragement, constant stroking, their knees are bad, they have a bad hip & on & on...never ever feeling well. When I started I started to feel my legs & hips stiffen...then I said, Hey stop that, ain't nothing wrong with you, been hanging around them witnesses too long, talk about watch your association. If you stay around them long enough, you'll start to whine & complain how bad this system is. I know things are bad but I don't focus on it.

Why is it so easy for witnesses to SHUN....what type of people find it easy to SHUN...what type of personality lends itself to that type of behavior ? Who were they before they came into the truth...did they ever talk to their neighbors, or when they saw them they shut their doors or on an elevator, when someone else came on did they look at the floor to avoid eye contact or to have to say hello...that's another question, isn't it. What kind of person agrees with DF"ing, that's like someone finding out, that there isn't any hell for folks to be punished. I'm just saying.

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit