Why has the WT not tried to shut down this board?

by hamsterbait 69 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

has he ever been contacted?

I think the main purpose of this site differs from the quote sites. Simon doesn't post any material from the WT. Members from the board do. Members don't own the site. It's like posting a referance on an article on the NYtimes. The author of the article can't sue the NYtimes because a reader referenced his work.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

That's funny Mary. I have never see these before. Thanks for sharing.

• bigmac
    bigmac

the watchtower society is just a tiny minority religion---just as the total membership here represents a tiny fraction of that society. i can imagine they "spin" this site as some sort of satan-inspired opposition to jehovah.

• howdy
    howdy

Sites like this help fuel the apostasy they themselves started. Its all a part of the bigger apostasy picture but at this particular point in its progression since the voice of truth has been slapped with a gag order inside the congregations, it will be spoken out here. They will continue to attempt to control and muffle the real truth behind their demonic scheme out here on the worldwide web...but Jehovah is on to them. I've read here for a bit and have noticed you do have a strong ray of light in your midst. It's time to wake up people!!! Something dark, deep and dirty has been going on right among Jehovahs own people and he has allowed it for a cleansing to occur (Dan.11:35) The question is: When are we gonna wake up?.... or better yet...are we gonna be flushed away in the final rinse?

Don't kid yourself, they are watching vulturously. They feed on this and not only that have provided the fodder for it. Will they shut it down? When it no longer serves their purpose. When they say "GAME OVER." A term they are most familiar with, sadly (boo,hoo) for them it won't turn out exactly as they had planned and they will move on for they have a bigger fish to fry, namely Christendom and the rest of the religious tax exempt world.

• besty
    besty

howdy howdy - stick around and post some more about your story when you have a minute.

Great New Years Resolution - join JWN.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Re: Why has the WT not tried to shut down this board?

The Watchtower Society has only one god.

We have many and Simon is top god.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I have had TWO unrelated Bethelites who have worked in legal tell me BETHELITES ARE assigned to monitor "Apostate Sites".

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Interesting stuff, Balaamsass. I wonder if they keep files associating people's real names with their websites/usernames in the case of those DF'd/DA'd who don't try to hide their identities. It wouldn't surprise me. Dubs love to keep files on everything.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

To answer the OP the answer is the 1st amendement and "fair use laws" which are protected by our 2nd amendment. You're welcome, Canada and the rest of the world. (Had to segway...sorry)

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

"fair use laws" which are protected by our 2nd amendment.

Well, technically "fair use" may not be protected by the U.S. Constitution, and certainly not by the Second Amendment, which pertains to bearing arms. But that aside, I think what the OP meant is that forums can be asked to remove voluminous copy-and-paste jobs that violate copyright laws and be shut down if they don't comply, whether the creator of the forum is the one who posted the material or not. I don't know how often Simon has dealt with this if at all, but I think the OP is implying that if they wanted to, there are a number of long WTS literature posts that they could have had removed from this site if they really wanted to police it heavily using the weight of the DMCA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit