Why has the WT not tried to shut down this board?

by hamsterbait 69 Replies latest jw friends

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: how do we know you are who you say you are? (joking) lol

• Mary
    Mary
    do you really think the wt view this site?

There is no doubt they do. A few years ago when the new Elders' manual link was posted on here, I believe Simon was notified by an external source that it was a "copyright infringement" and he was to make sure the link was taken down immediately. I can't quite remember all the details (maybe Simon could?).

Another instance that shows they monitor this site is when several of us use to do "Fun With Covers" on here probably 5 or 6 years ago. We'd take the covers of the WT and Awakes magazines and put our own titles on them. One of the posters (Wasanelder I think) then uploaded them to youtube and put some music with them. The Borganization complained again about 'copyright infringement' and they were taken down, but they're up there again now. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPZ8B57cto

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

well they know its only a matter of time before more and more ppl learn the truth and they will be forced to change more and more,i think the fds change is just a start.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    how can a person know the truth about the wt,frequint a site like this which has the info about the wt,and still not want to leave? crazy

WANTING to leave and being ABLE to leave are two very different things.

Lots of us are trapped in for various reasons, usually family.

George

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

trust me george i understand that! sadly i know the feeling, i just cant imagine how the higher up know what they know and still claim this as truth,to me its like selling a tv that you know doesnt work ,sick

• Think About It
    Think About It
    how can a person know the truth about the wt, frequint a site like this which has the info about the wt,and still not want to leave? crazy

The WTS will always have their evil misguided henchmen also.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thats what it comes down to evilness

• bsmart
    bsmart

It probably helps that the site is based in Canada too.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Even misguided "kindness" can be cruel.

Elmira

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Why don't we ask Simon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit