God in your brain....

by EntirelyPossible 130 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Athesist don't believe in gods. What is there to test?

I actually wondered about this, too. What part of the brain would be affected for an atheist? It wouldn't be self-referential thinking. So what would it be? The area that thinks about fantasy and myth, if there is such a thing?

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

EP wrote:

I would bet $1000 if we hooked you up to an MRI, your brain would light up referencing youself when you were hearing voices from God.

Make that $2000.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

mamochan, I would guess (not that I know) that you are correct, it would be the same portion of the brain that lights up when I think of Gandalf or Django.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

IO, amazingly, no believers ever take us up on tests that would prove anything, like this one or the shirt challenge...

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ok a person who believes in god,they have ideas about what god believes and his views,and ppl would naturally believe the same as what god believes, so wouldnt make sense it would light up the same part of the brain? am i missing something here?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yes, you are.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: what is that?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That when people are asked what god thinks of something, they use the same part of their brain that is used when they are asked what that person thinks. When asked what someone else, a friend, for instance, thinks of something, even if they agree they use a different part of their brain. IOW, they are referening their own value when they imagine what their god likes or hates. This very easily explains why whatever god someone worships always loves and hates the same things as the worshipper. God is made in their image.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

well i can understand that,its call idoatry ppl make gods all the time,i would be willing to be hooked up to the test, imo when ppl make up a god they would make him how they want him to be, its differnt than the god of the bible, i love him despite things i dont like that are true, for example as i mentioned before the god of the bible has prepared hellfire for the devil and many ppl will be there,its a fact that god made this place, i personally hate the idea of hell,but sense i did not make my own god up,its not my choice. not sure you will vibe with me because you dont believe in the god of the bible,but thats how i honstly feel.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

not sure you will vibe with me because you dont believe in the god of the bible,but thats how i honstly feel.

That's why science exists, to root out bias based on feelings. If you were hooked up, your brain would also show that you are referencing yourself when you think about what god wants.

Other studies havve been done that show people that love god also get a jolt in the same part of their brain as gamblers or drug addicts when they engage in their particular vice. It makes you feel good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit