Anyone Else See Les Miserables?

by BizzyBee 64 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

"Russell Crowe was Gladiator. Anne Hathaway was Catwoman. Hugh Jackman was Wolverine. The fans of those characters probably would not be caught dead sitting in a movie crying over a prostitute who is dying."

Well you proved me wrong Terry, You are from Texas and are obviously cultured. By the way, unsurprisingly I am a fan of Russell Crowe in Gladiator yet I enjoyed Les Miserables.

I must confess, a tear or two escaped from one eye d uring the performance, but I managed to conceal the mishap.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Watched the new Les Mis today and I have never cried so much through any film in my life before.

After listening to just the music a few days ago and being slightly disappointed at the vocals I was concerned about how I would "like" the actual film.

It was amazingly brilliant with wonderful performances by all. Not one bad thing to say about it.

The best version I have ever seen.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

just back....loved it...i'm always amazed by people who complain about musicals not being real cos folk sing instead of speak..jesus wept.

russell crowes singing is woeful..but it's meant to be...this is a film with songs more than a filming of a musical.. and as such actors singing is preferable to singers acting..and so much more emotional. if you want to see the musical version go to the theatre. i love going to the theatre to see musicals but with the possible exception of evita i wouldn't watch them on screen more than once.

but this i will watch again..it's stunning

and i can so relate to the 'prison seldom works for the innocent'..cried my eyes out all the way thru

• shamus100
    shamus100

I openly sobbed throughout the entire performance. People moved away from me...

• tec
    tec

Its really that good that y'all were crying through it... even hardened (albeit retired) gladiators? I really need to see this movie.

Peace,

tammy

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

It's a fantastic movie. Well recommended. I sobbed so much it was embarrassing. The scene/song where Anne Hathaway's character sings after prostituting herself is one of the most intense dramatic scenes I ever recall seeing. Also the last scene of Valjean is amazing.

Eden

• eva luna
    eva luna

Well, I may go see this movie that is bringing men to tears. Getting a Golden Globe Award too.

I saw the Fredric March/Charles Laughten (both personal favorites) version this morning . It was a drama.

It's time to see a musical versain of a favorite novel.

Thank you for all the reviews.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I downloaded the rusel crowe version. Gonna watch it at some point, when i'm ready.

S

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am probably going to watch it again today. :D

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

I saw the play 3 times I think, can't remember as the last time fell asleep after intermission. The movie is supposedly good, but still sleeply style for me

Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway I hear won GG Awards, so it may have some nice features on the BIG screen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit