Bethel perfection bubble burst

by redvip2000 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    a young bethelite "brother". Once the $hit hit the fan, all hell broke lose - the young bethelite jumped in front of a train and killed himself after being disfellowshipped.

There must have been newspaper/television news headlines about this tragedy....when and where did this occur, which city? Has anyone been able to find anything about this in the media ?

• ekruks
    ekruks

Religion aside, adultery is not acceptable, and I could understand a religion punishing for such, but I wouldn't say it's deserving of capital punishment.

This idea God was cleansing via suicide - well, it's so ignorant and stupid. The Nazi anology has strength, but then the USA does kill murderers, which is a form of cleansing by death.

I find it crazy how so many things are attributed to holy spirit, or Jehovah's direction, when it blatantly wasn't. Even if Jehovah decided capital punishment was the answer, the young brother chose to jump in front of the train - how can these people imagine holy spirit directed things? It didn't make the train derail and fall on the young man! There was no spirit involved.

Presuming this young man really believed in Jehovah, didn't go to Bethel for his parents, he was probably so overwhelmed with guilt he had been taught to feel, so fearful of Jehovah, that he commited the sin of suicide, ignoring the sanctity of life - this is crazy - guilt for sin drives to more sin.

People could say that it he was thrown out Bethel for not following the rules - doctors are struck off for ignoring rules, such as recreational drugs, as are lawyers. It could be said that people can't just expect their family to be there and take them in (many people have family problems or family overseas). But it cannot be denied that lawyer, brother or doctor, this would be emotionally difficult and all be left in a such a difficult financial situation.

Probably pioneered from school, did some cleaning work for another brother, then went to Bethel, so has no qualifications, little work experience recognised by the world, and had trouble finding work/home. Not to mention how naive and isolated growing up in the Truth makes one to worldly life; it's hard not knowing how the world works. On top of this, his whole life is shattered, career destroyed, God rejected by him, disliked by family. He doesn't have any friend to turn to as they ignored him for being disfellowshipped. Therapists don't care. I expect this guy couldn't cope.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I wonder if this is the young man that redvip was talking about:

Man Killed By Train a Morristown's Got Talent Winner

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I'm guessing it is, OoDad. The pieces fit. So very sad. I'm sure this young man 's talent and desire to have a career in music made things especially difficult for him - he would have been under presure from JWs to abandon those plans.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

mamochan13: I'm sure this young man 's talent and desire to have a career in music made things especially difficult for him - he would have been under presure from JWs to abandon those plans.

As we both well know!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'd like to see something published in a news article

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

http://morris.patch.com/articles/man-killed-on-railroad-tracks-was-past-morristown-s-got-talent-winner#comments_list

The young mans uncle is having a comment battle on this news website . Hes going on how JEhovahs witnesses

are responsible.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I'd like to caution everyone that, although this news article seems to fit what redvip2000 wrote in the OP, we do not as of now have confirmation that this article is about the young Bethelite she mentioned.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Ethnic cleansing + JW's cleansing = same sick mentality.

• ekruks
    ekruks

Sam

7:07 am on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Why didn't the Jehovah's Witnesses help him? Instead you say they shunned him because of his "serious sin" and told him he could return to them after he straighten his "path". How pitiful of an organization.

I think this is a good comment. Disfellowshipping doesn't help - it's just "stay away until you behave", it's not counselling. The sheperding is often useless or doesn't happen, but rather the elders seem angry a rule was broken. I mentioned above about similarities to firing someone from a company for breaking rules, but that is different; a religion is supposedly a support network. Also, a company generally isn't actively stopping people pursue a career.

Disfellowshipping is supposedly love, but it's like a parent hitting their child but never first taking the time to try to talk to them, to explain why things are wrong. No one worries about why the sin happened, why did this young man sleep with this woman, is he depressed, does he not understand the importance of scripture, or whatever. A number of times as a child, my parents put me outside and refused to let me back in while I begged on my knees for forgiveness, until many hours passed and when evening draws in, this is getting weird - seems so similar to disfellowshipping; I only pretended to agree with them to get inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit