Ohhh S#%t!!!!

by SoulJah 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

they just came to my door!I took their mags and told them to bring back a NWT tomarrow. I think I'm gonna play'em. This guy was OLD; hopefully he will bring back a partner tomarrow. This guy couldn't even keep eye contact.
    Any sugestions?

One day we'll all be together,until then I'm ready for whatever
    ---Tupac Shakur

• butalbee
    butalbee

don't open the door.

• Adam
    Adam

GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY! Do lots of research. Pick the 5 most unrefutable points. Make very short and consise notes. Memorize them so they don't see a piece of paper in your hand when they come back and realize that you've been studying. Bring them up in a very conversational, and casual manner. You can move from point to point but refuse to change the subject from your points of contention untill they have satisfactorly addressed your issues.

• Latte
    Latte

Yeah....you should definetely go for it!

Although, if he's really elderly...I'd leave it. It can be more than some can handle.

Latte

• LB
    LB

I'd let it go to be honest. Older guy, what's the point?

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Adam
    Adam

LB, who cares about the old guy. Why do it? Why do anyting? Fun fun fun!

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I am with LB. If he is old, he is tired. If he is tired, why make him go through all of the trouble? Getting out of the car in any weather, standing there -- while you give him false hopes. Not nice or fair.

In my opinion it is not very nice to "play" with the poor guy. You won't change him, been in too long. You can never help the older ones. Leave the poor thing alone, unless he brings a younger fellow... that is a different story then.

You know, many of us still have the old JW mentality mindset. It goes like this:

"Fresh blood ATTACK ATTACK LET'S FORCE THEM TO SEE THINGS OUR WAY!"

In my opinion, raise a few points, make a statement and move on. No arguments, not worth it. Arguments will only make them stick to their guns anyhow. Raise a few points, seeds of doubt then move on. You can catch more flies with honey...

Kisses,
    Moe

UADNA - FL
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Florida Division

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I wouldn't hesitate to do it, SoulJah.

After all, if he's not at your house, he will just be tramping down the street ringing someone else's bell. At least you can offer him a warm house and a chance to sit down. Besides, he might bring along a younger person who can be reached.

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

running man, that's exactlly my thoughts

moe, I have no intentions of arguing with him or trying to ghange his religion; just want to jog his brain.
    besides if i wanted to change anyones religion i would still be one of them

One day we'll all be together,until then I'm ready for whatever
    ---Tupac Shakur

• Sargon
    Sargon

Hello Soul,

Try answering the door dressed in a loincloth, smeared with blood and holding a dead chicken. Invite him in for lunch.

Works every time.

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit