What is the I.Q. of a Jehovah's Witness?

by Terry 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

We do know the levels of education of everyone at Bethel in 1940. Some with executive/board positions had as little as fourth grade education, others (like Franz and Rutherford) had several years of college education.

• Terry
    Terry

I was thinking I.Q. should stand for INTEGRITY QUOTIENT.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Leolaiia

I dont care what your IQ is or isn`t , no offence intended, but I enjoy your contributions to this forum as much as I enjoy other contributors who voice their opinions whether I agree with them or not .

smiddy

• Earnest
    Earnest

I am not sure about the value of intelligence tests, but would suggest that any honest thinker would consider how subjective his beliefs are. Everything you believe, even the "fact" that you exist and are reading this is subjective. Your conclusions are subjective regardless of your intelligence and you almost certainly have a stake in them being true. If you have concluded that "God is with these people" it really does not matter how mistaken they are, unless there are strong grounds to review your initial conclusion. Faith is independent of intelligence but imo the beliefs of JWs hold more appeal to the mind than to the heart and so I would expect the average IQ to be higher than the general population.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A witless can have any IQ, but if they don't suppress it, sooner or later they are going to become apostate unless they are treated exceptionally well or are forced to stay in, with no access to outside information and constant exposure to other witlesses. Functionally, any witless who knows better would either have to have an IQ in the idiot range or be in it to ruin people's lives, or both.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I was thinking I.Q. should stand for INTEGRITY QUOTIENT.

If that were the case the WTS. leaders would score regrettably low.

• clarity
    clarity

Doesn't it seem obvious what the IQ of the GB members is?

>

Oh, I'll give you that they are sly, calculating & foxy, but high IQ... nah!

>

Any person or organization who needs to 'dumb down' their fans

to feel superior .... is laughable!

>

What does the watchtower demand of its people? ....

>

Don't think.

Beware of independent thinking...follow us even if

we are wrong.

Don't trust your own heart!

Do not research ...we will do it for you!

Only study the bible...using our watchtower(written by us)!

We have 200+ rules you must not think about them, just follow

them ..... or god will kill you!

You cannot understand the bible on your own, without us!

blablabla

>

Just imagine associating with a 'friend', who said these words

to you every day!

It would be very plain who had the inferiority complex about

their IQ!

c

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I remember a conversation I had with a sister at the KH a few years back and I'm a little fuzzy on how it came up but she related a story of a brother who was extremely smart to the point of genius and that he started researching too much and it ended up taking him right out of the truff. The lesson she took from it is that sometimes you can be too smart for your own good and to stop and wait on Jehoober. *Facepalm* It was conversations like this that really started to slowly eat at the indoctrination in my own mind and finally wake me up. Terry I think your theory is dead on right!

I remember asking my dad questions and getting the, "Your overthinking too much son!" comment Stop that thinking its bad for you!!

• tiki
    tiki

IQ and ethics are not the same. Your yes meaning yes and your no meaning no is an issue of honesty - fairmindedness, ie ethical behavior. how brilliant you are - how easily you grasp new concepts, how scientifically minded or oriented you are - we are all different. some of us can be very intelligent linguistically but utter failures mathematically - and vice versa. There are so many ins and outs - but a baseline high IQ generally indicates an individual who is capable in the grand scheme of things in a larger way than those average or lower. very simple stuff actually......a severely mentally challenged person cannot learn to read or write.....most average people can and do....the higher the IQ goes, the easier the learning process is facilitated. imho.

and true intelligence requires critical thinking skills - this is where you run into difficulty with the ave jw....they are programmed NOT to think critically but to simply accept whatever is doled out and if it makes no sense, then wait for new light. accepting that sort of illogical reasoning is not evidence of much brain power....again imho.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should also be mentioned that the WTS. through its designed indoctrination process actually perpetuates shutting down people's

intellect as a means to infuse their own established regiment of thought control.

The prominent use of fear is the means of which all of this is orchestrated upon.

Fear is power, which is used to control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit