What is the I.Q. of a Jehovah's Witness?

by Terry 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As one still in for now I would say:

1) Don't confuse intelligence with being educated ( not that you are )

2) Speaking truth is more important than saying falsehood just to be loyal to a corporation.

Then again I have no privliges, unlike the 16 year old Elder's son who runs the michrophones..

• Terry
    Terry

I'm of the opinion that intelligence is simply impossible to hide.

Intelligence is different from charisma which is vastly more over rated in this world.

Charisma when combined with intelligence produces a following.

The question then becomes how that silly and naive charismatic Pastor Russell managed to be wrong about so many things and still be loved

while the unlovable Judge Rutherford invented a new religion that 7 million people would die for.

It boggles the mind!

There are NO charismatic people at the helm and few, if any, seem to possess even a modicum of intelligence!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Hmmm... good topic. I was always the one the book study conductor had to get someone to explain detail to me as the topic just often did not make sense to me. I was regarded as quite stupid by a lot of the people in my congregation.

At my last job, I had similar scenarios when it came to break time discussions over the latest scandal on one of the current affairs shows here. I'd often question the proof (which often, there was no real proof). "What more proof do you need? They said it flat out!" was the response I often got (sorry to say, but I don't see that as proof). It's amazing what people will believe and you don't necessarily need to be intelligent or charismatic to get people to follow what you say.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Rutherford and definitely FW Franz would have posted IQs in the higher levels. What was missing with those two were the ability to reason with them and a somewhat narcissistic viewpoint of their own qualifications and intelligence. I'm sure there are some pretty sharp arrows among the JWs today, ex and active... The active ones refuse to divulge themselves of any WT propaganda, which in my mind practically diminishes most of the intelligence they had in the first place. Being a sect that eschews higher education, there will certainly be consequences. However, the constant studying, reading, commenting, and composing talks from the podium would make the Witnesses a more literate, albeit woefully misguided bunch.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Rutherford and definitely FW Franz would have posted IQs in the higher levels.

Intelligent people can use their inherent intelligence to enhance their self own identity of what they personally

strive to achieve. Reading the works of J Rutherford and F Franz, one can see their intensional coercive and manipulating tactics

they created themselves in supporting the proliferation of the WTS. publications.

If one was to make a comparison of intelligence between the two, I would give the nod to Rutherford, based upon how he almost single

handling took over the WTS. for himself, changed the names of the two most prominent pieces of literature published

by the WTS. ( Wt. and Aw.) and then create a new name for the organization the Jehovah Witnesses from the IBSA,

as a means to separate and distinguish himself from the followers of C T Russell. In doing so he not only created a

semblance of power and control toward himself, by using some assuming forethought of all the money, people, buildings and

equipment that Russell had already built up around the WTS.

Now that my friends takes brains and a lot of chutzpah

• l p
    l p

Terry: One of your earlier posts was pointing out that all the blame goes onto jehovah for all the wrong dates and stuff in the WT....

My thought is...in that case maybe he should take the IQ test....i dont expect him to be getting any great scores

Mr Falcon: I lllooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee the pic of the pioneer on the horse...

Lp

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Let your Yes mean Yes and your No mean NO doesn't seem to apply to The Truth, then?

Watchtower World has it`s own Rules

Always say Yes.....Never say NO..

YES gets you Privilages.. NO gets you Disfellowshipped..

I got Microphone Privilages!.. My Bum Hurts!..

........................ mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

OUTLAW strikes again

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My IQ was professionally measured at 117 when I was 11 years old. Nothing special. I don't think the full-scale score means that much compared to the subtest scores (which indicate areas of strength and weakness). And I've heard some critics claim that Marilyn vos Savant's score was inflated.

• Think About It
    Think About It

.......definitely FW Franz would have posted IQs in the higher levels.

Only if Freddie took the IQ test wearing his brown shoes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit