Shunned by ex-jw's

by Joey Jo-Jo 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

There seems to be a double standard among ex-jw's who believe and practice Christianity.

I have lost 3 subscribers from my youtube channel all because of speaking my mind, it was not invasive or rude, but my last two videos appeared to have offended them.

So what happened? As an atheist I raised some issues regarding the mind set of christianity that it borrows from JW's, in other words I was showing Christian ex-jw's that they are behaving just like jw's.

The double standard is simple to grasp:

What allowed a person to break free from the Jehovah’s Witness cult? The core answer is open minded, the opposite would be closed minded not wanting to hear the opinion of others.

Are ex-jw Christian's closed minded? Not all Christians but for some reason ex-jw's are closed mind.

So I’ll explain the double standard, they don't like how JW's treat ex-members yet they treat non-Christian members in the same manner, they remove your comments, block you and unsubscribe, all because you have a difference in opinion. The very mind set they use as JW's is the very same as a Christian.

A hamster in a wheel.

• cantleave
    cantleave

What is your YouTube channel? You will obtain an additional subscriber.....

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

yrtemmyscirtemmysa , thanks.

• donny
    donny

I subscribed as well.

• lost1
    lost1

and me! my first time lol

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Maybe some of them are just not interested in what you have to say. That's not the same as shunning you.

There are a few things in your OP that don't make sense. How would an individual delete YOUR comments on YOUR YouTube channel?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The door swings the other way too. As a Christian, I've had some ex-JW atheists defriend me on Facebook because they didn't like something that I posted that differed from their beliefs. The key is being willing to dialogue or remain friends with others even though you disagree in your beliefs. Unfortuantely, that is utterly contrary to what we were taught as JWs, and far too many ex-JWs of every persuasion simply haven't gotten it yet.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Also, it is not logical to equate an individual's decision to dialogue or not with another individual with an institutional policy of shunning.

When a "loyal" JDub shuns someone they generally don't know why they do it, except that they are told to shun that person.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

You're right. Many Christians are unwilling to examine their beliefs just as jws are not. And many Christians act incredibly immature. Some like to tell others that those with differing opinions are going to hell. It's a sad thin when I see this. And I'm a Christian too. Disappoints me sometimes.

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

I think it is a massive problem in our society right now.

Everything is polarized - politics, religion, etc. There is very little opening for intelligent discussion or debate. I have friends at work who are defriended on facebook all the time for political views, societal opinions, you name it. The art of compromise seems to be dying.

For even the ex-JW, there is still a quick trigger on pulling up the defense shields when anything that challenges your belief system is discussed.

As the song Subdivisions by Rush says "Conform, or be cast out"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit