Too old for an IPAD!

by Honeybucket 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

My elderly(72) grandmother told my auntie that she has to get an Ipad and a Ipod. My granny can barely check her email, Im not sure what she thinks shes going to be doing with these Apple products. She said she needs them for the field service...

My faded aunt says if it will make her pretty and popular in the hall, cost is no matter. At what age do they leave the high school mentality behind?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Get her an iPad, put a game app on it and she'll never leave the house.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Maybe buying her an I pad will help her learn to be more computer literate. I recently purchased a Kindle and I find it us easier to use than a PC. She may be motivated to learn how to use it since she has a specific use in mind, and I don't think 72 is too old to learn. Recent studies have shown that we continue to learn and our brains contongue to form new memories our entire life.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I totally agree with you, it will help her learn her computer better and learning is great ESPECIALLY for older ones. BUT, my granny is one of those people that gets a cool neat toy, she then has someone come over and help you figure it out. But its not that easy, because she wants to know Why... Why do you have to go to this place to get here, so what seems like a simple thing to us is extremely complicated to her. She has to take notes and buy books to explain them. THEN she never gets around to reading these books, so she now has an ipad she will use a couple of times and them not use it ever again because she cant figure it out. When she got her computer many people tried to help. We set it up for her, gave her demos and told her how to run her cleaners and antiviruses. Her computer is soo riddled with bugs that I dont even open her emails. She has no idea how to run these programs even though we have written out step by step instructions.

What is killing me is this elderly old lady is going to spend nearly 1000.00 just to fit in.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds like a new toy - play w it a couple of times, and put it aside.

S

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

Can I go claim it after she forgot abiout it? is that dishonest lol.. I would never do that

• moshe
    moshe

Has she ever misplaced her glasses, hearing aid or false teeth? If so, an iPad would be a waste of money.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Pardon me...72 is not old anymore! my dad is 73 and could run rings around blokes half his age physically and mentally. but...i do concede that some people make themselves old before they need to. oz

• whathappened
    whathappened

iPads are expensive and I can see that they could easily be dropped on a concrete surface going door to door. I would not go that route if I were still dumb enough to be going out in field service. What if you accidentally left it at a house? You old never get it back.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

She is forgetful. She doesnt have glasses anymore because she lazered her eyes, she has all of her teeth and she doesnt have hearings, but I think she should invest in some. My granny has always been with it, but recently its become more noticeable that she is aging. She cant hear as well, she seems to kind of go in circles mentally and physically. Her age is catching up to her.

What Happened- Thats what Im saying, little old ladies will drop it or forget it and then there goes their 500.00 bucks. and knowing my granny, she wont even cancel the wireless package that you need to have. for instance, she is still paying on a aircard she got for my computer when I lived with her, and that was about 3 years ago. She said she cant figure out how to cancel it so she just keeps paying the 50.00 a month for it. My grannys cell is under my aunts plan and she pays for her moms cell too. My faded aunt said no because they are poor and cant afford to be paying 250.00 month for a iphone and ipad service so she can keep up with the Jones. It will cost her too much. ITS JUST ALL SUPERFICIAL!

OZ- Yep, my granny was always able to outwork me and 28. Her age is starting to show now though, Its time she slows it down a bit. She doesnt recover like she used to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit