Dessert after LUNCH??!!

by rebel8 10 Replies latest social physical

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've always had a real sweet tooth but when pioneering that was the first time I ever heard of anyone eating dessert after lunch in addition to dessert after dinner.

Sometimes the few pioneers who cared about their weight would just have dessert FOR lunch, but I digress.

Anyway, where I work we have a cafeteria and dessert comes with lunch. It's not healthy! I wish they didn't even offer it, because I have a hard time saying no. I usually handle it by bringing my lunch so I don't have the option.

I've also noticed some school lunch menus offer dessert too.

Just a random rant here.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

You are spoiling my peppermint ice cream here....

EDIT: I do wish resturants didn't completely gouge you if you order a salad. It's like.. burger and fries, $4. Burger and a salad $6. :/ They price things to drive customers to the least healthy foods. (Granted potatoes are cheap and abundant and lettus is a green that doesn't freeze well and has a limited shelf life - it is still annoying to me.)

- Lime

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

There's a spot down the street from where I work that isn't a bakery per say, but they bake their own cakes and sell em by square cuts. Somedays I get to thinking about that almond batter with white icing OMG. I already know that when I get off work after eating dinner I'm probably gonna get a cup of ice cream, so technically I shouldn't bother with cake too after lunch. Somedays the flesh gets weak.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I agree, dessert has no place on a lunch menu

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

I have noticed many 'pioneers' are fat or overweight. Possibly due to the fact that they eat a high carb diet.

I SEE CANKLES!!!

-Ti

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You should have learned by now:

Life is Uncertain -- Eat Dessert First (and often).

Doc

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If the pioneers dont have bread let them eat cake.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Pioneers don't have to worry about their health or their weight. Jehovah will take care of it all very soon now!

• BroMac
    BroMac

whats with the earrings and the cardi?

• shamus100
    shamus100

The portions particularly in the U.S. are absolutely ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit