CO disfellowshipped, Central Coast, Australia

by WinstonSmith 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• l p
    l p

just heard it was "along the lines of fornication"

lp

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Hi all am new on here have been lurking for sometime. My first post. About Ray McDonald, I am in a cong in his circuit. He visited about 2 mths ago. I have always liked Ray he came across as a very nice guy. I even went door to door with him once years ago. His D/F was not announced at my cong meeting. I just heard it from some others. The grapevine works well here. Don't know the reason for him getting the axe, but surely it will come out one day. We have our CA this coming weekend and no Co that will be interesting. I won't be there so don't really care. I no longer attend SAD, CA or DAs anymore had a gut full of the crap. It's bad enough at the meetings.

Cheers Lozza

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

LP: Thanks for reporting back on what your local mates said. I can't help but wonder, when a CO gets DF'd, what do they do? Do they have a house? Would they have money for a rental bond? A car? Money for living? Its bad enough getting DF'd as an average Joe publisher, but as a CO where most things are provided for you, it is a long way down here to reality. If he was DA'd, maybe he at least had some external network built up.

Lozza Aussie: Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here, so many newbies turning up lately. Thanks for confirming. We had a young popular CO get DF'd in NZ, Doug Black, so I know what an affect it can have on the congregations. Thanks again for posting. Hey why don't you start a thread and introduce yourself? We'd love to get to know you. You'll find us to be a friendly bunch!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I have a question that perhaps we all should ponder about.

If a JW gets disfellowhipped by ordinary sin that doesn't involve disagreeing with the Society's teachings, why is everybody here so eager to help that person? I don't get it. Is it because it's good enough if someone is an ex-JW? If someone is kicked out because he cheated on his wife, are you going to be helping him? If someone is kicked out because he's been charged with fraud, will you help that person? Are we getting ahead of ourselves here?

Eden

• recovering
    recovering

I think we are eager to help not because we always agree with what he did. I think we are willing to help him due the extreme sanctions imposed on him. Being cut off from family and friends is devestating. That person needs support. I have seen too many people who suffer staggering losses due to being disfellowshipped.

• Fernando
    Fernando

EdenOne, from my perspective, both victim and perpetrator desperately need balanced spiritual help, support and healing.

Instead they get cover-ups or judgement depending who is a popular company "yes man" and who is not.

• fresia
    fresia

Its true, his name is MacD.......

• fresia
    fresia

as said yes it is true, Ray MacD was DF and it was announced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit