CO disfellowshipped, Central Coast, Australia

by WinstonSmith 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hi guys,

I was just looking through www.reddit.com/r/exjw and there is a thread that was posted about four hours ago with the title "So our Circuit Overseer just got disfellowshipped" and there some basic details in their OP. The location is given as Central Coast, Australia, which is north of Sydney.

There aren't many more details other than "It has sent shockwaves throguh the congregations" and a query on the protocol in situations like this. The comments so far don't shed any light either.

I'm on my Tablet so can't paste the link...

Anyone else hear of this or have any other details?

• l p
    l p

Id be curious to know who it is as Im in Sydney

lp

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

There was a similar claim recently for the UK. No names or further confirmation emerged. For the UK it was a red herring. I personally would put little weight to vague reports like that.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hi LP,

Yeah, I figured there must be someone on here nearby that might have some info. Sorry I can't post the link.

These days with the ambiguous "X is no longer a JW" announcement, you are never really sure if it is DF or DA. Do they even announce it when it is a CO? We had a CO DF'd when I was in NZ - Doug Black - and I don't remember it being announced, we all found out through the grapevine.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

@Slidin Fast: Indeed, thats why am interested in seeing if anyone here can confirm or provide anybother details.

• l p
    l p

Hi Winston,

Can you type the link in? even if you cant post it? Im not really technical so im not up on all this

I have put up a mention of this in a private ex jw group on facebook in Australia, perhaps someone in that group may know someone and be able to confirm this.

My only other thought is jwfacts, he is here in Sydney and im not sure if he has any connections with anyone on the central coast or in bethel still ( i doubt bethel as it is a small place compared to NY). But I will talk to him and find out. He may even see this thread before i talk to him

Lp

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

It would be great if someone got sick of dispensing vomit and turned honest and apostate.

• transhuman68
  • l p
    l p

Ive just spoken to a friend. her mother is up there and still active. She will ask her mum when she sees her next

lp

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

@transhuman: Thanks for posting the link! I agree that there needs to be some sort of confirmation, and I'm hoping that some more circulation might bring that. Cheers mate!

I'm tempted to make a comment there and ask for some more details, but I am a keen Redditor, and I don't want to expose my username there......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit