Can you equate Jehovah as a murderer???

by cognac 34 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Some argue that "evil" is a born trait, that being a murderer ( for example) is something of a genetic trait.

There's the problem, there is no standard definition of "evil", people that claim this can't even define what it is.

• TD
    TD

Your husband is equivocating. "Murder" is not a generic synonym for killing.

Murder is "The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another"

Animals are capable of killing people, but animals are incapable of murder.

God (If he exists) is not murdering when he kills a human or allows a human to die. People are free to form their own opinions on the morality of the act, but the act is not murder because God is not a human being.

In the JW belief system, God is the source of morality and therefore above human judgement.

I would also add that your husband is incorrect vis a vis Jesus. In the JW belief system, Jesus was quite capable of avoiding execution (Matthew 26:53) and his death was therefore voluntary

And finally, there's nothing more irritating for an unbelieving spouse of a JW than to have to educate JW's about their own belief system and the meaning of simple words.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes PS

We are responsible for everything on this earth, that includes our children

who are part of creation

and when they need life sustainin' treatment we should do everything

in our power to see to their well bein'

• wasblind
    wasblind

I would also add that your husband is incorrect vis a vis Jesus. In the JW belief system, Jesus was quite capable of avoiding execution (Matthew 26:53) and his death was therefore voluntary______TD

I hope your not offended TD ,but I couldn't help myself

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit