Can you equate Jehovah as a murderer???

by cognac 34 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Well, your husband is correct in this partiular issue. Yes indeed, God IS a murderer and by extension explain to your husband that so are the WT Society leaders, the GB for allowing innocent children to be murdered and sacrificed by instructing their JW followers- the parents - to NOT give blood transfusions to their minor children in need of transfusions to save their lives.

I find it interesting that your husband can on the one hand appear to be indignant over God murdering Jesus, or allowing children to be killed- yet he has no moral compass regarding his own unethical treatment of you or your children in your marital strife at the moment. Seems somewhat hypocritical of him . But that again is a JW trait in which they have been trained by the WT Society to see the bad in others and other situations, but are unable to point the finger at themselves personally. WT leaders do this all he time so it's no surprise that JW's like your husband can do it. He's been TRAINED to think this way in his mind. WT Society trains JW's to compartmentalize sin so that WT agendas can still be followed yet mind controlled J-dubs won't feel qualms of guilt about anything. They learn from the top of the organization

• wasblind
    wasblind

For me, a person can believe in whatever he wants

in the OP, Her husband equates the WTS wit the Almighty God

as to why they have allowed folks to die

Jesus had a purpose for his death, and that purpose never changed

Witnesses died because of a belief that changed which made thier

death unecessary

The WTS states in their own literature that everything they do is Based

on what the Bible says do. That's a lie and they even admit to it in

they Aug 2006 Awake

My beef ain't wit' non believers , it's wit the watchtower Society.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

PSacramento wrote:

If God acted in the past and killed off people that were evil and causing trouble and we now look back and say that was horrific, that is understandable but why then ask or suggest God to be uncaring or powerless to prevent evil right now when God DOESN'T do just that, stop and kill of evil doers in the present?

When people criticize God's behavior in OT times as horrific, they are usually thinking more of him killing babies and individuals that may not have been particularly evil. When considering God today, no one is suggesting that he should start killing babies again. Rather, they are asking why God doesn't stop crimes that any decent person would stop, e.g. if you saw someone getting attacked on the street you would try to stop it (call the police, try to disarm the attacker, etc.).

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

they are usually thinking more of him killing babies and individuals that may not have been particularly evil

Babies aren't evil in ANY way.

• cognac
    cognac

" I find it interesting that your husband can on the one hand appear to be indignant over God murdering Jesus, or allowing children to be killed- yet he has no moral compass regarding his own unethical treatment of you or your children in your marital st rife at the moment. Seems somewhat hypocritical of him ."

flipper- this was just a conversation we were having. If it would come down to it, I believe he would actually have a blood transfusion and just say it was a moment of weakness. When I was in labor with my first child, the doctor said I may need to have a transfusion. He said ok to the doctor and I said ok as long as it was a life and death matter. He completely supported me.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    When people criticize God's behavior in OT times as horrific, they are usually thinking more of him killing babies and individuals that may not have been particularly evil. When considering God today, no one is suggesting that he should start killing babies again. Rather, they are asking why God doesn't stop crimes that any decent person would stop, e.g. if you saw someone getting attacked on the street you would try to stop it (call the police, try to disarm the attacker, etc.).

Oh yes I understand that of course and I myself also find my self asking why too, as do most believers I assure you.

ANd I am sure that you are familar with the arguments as to why God doesn't interfer ( free will and all that other stuff).

My point is that we tend to blame God for acting in the past but some tend to blame him for not acting in the present in a way that THEY want Him to act.

That just doesn't make any sense to me, even though I can sympthise with that view.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

That's what I meant. I was trying to present two categories in my sentence: 1) babies - completely innocent, and 2) individuals that may not have been particularly evil - like average everyday people living in the areas where God murdered everybody. Maybe those average people weren't perfect, but jeez, to murder them all comes across as unacceptable behavior to many of us today.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Some argue that "evil" is a born trait, that being a murderer ( for example) is something of a genetic trait.

I personally think that it is a combination of nature and nurture but I don't know much about that stuff so...

My point being that some can argue that some humans are born "evil" ( whatever that word may mean to you).

• wasblind
    wasblind

but some tend to blame him for not acting in the present in a way that THEY want Him to act._____PSacramento

There are many things in life that is beyond our control, those are the times

when we have done all we could do, we truly have to lay that burden down

as some of us would say. Leave it in God's hands

But I think it's absolutely crazy to be able to have the power to make

a difference, but decide to do nothin' but " Wait on Jehovah" or until " The kingdom come "

Those who died from the flip floppy doctrine of the WTS were told to do nothin'

but die right now, and wait on the kingdom to be reunited

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    But I think it's absolutely crazy to be able to have the power to make
    a difference, but decide to do nothin' but " Wait on Jehovah" or until " The kingdom come "

That goes against the direct teachings of the bible that command us to be stewards of creation.

We are the caretakers of this planet and are responsible fo it, all of it, everything on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit