It all is begging to crumble

by lostinthought 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

moeshe: her mother did exactly what all good JWs are programmed to do, report the sins of anyone ( don't be stupid and try this with good elders or traveling overseers, they will lie!) without political or financial theocratic capital. I would be surprised if her mother did not report her sins to a fab or favorite elder. We know the Watchtower twisted the words found at James 5:16 "Confess your sins to everyone" to mean "Confess your sins to company appointed men".

Finkle's solid advice leaves me grasping what other advice we can add. I was curious if your family is very close knit, how loving and kind are your brothers and sisters? I know there are mothers who are not willing to allow "traditons of men" to overide their Christian and maternal love, is your's this type? If the father in Jesus parable about the "prodigal's son" was legalistic and binded to a group of rules, Jesus never would have brought up how God is ready to forgive sins. Prodigal did not wait six months or two years before he ran and hugged his wayward son, his love and mercy for immediantly felt by the wrongdoer!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm sorry for your situation lostinthought. Letting the Watchtower indoctrinated guilt trip run your life is not living!! I wish you the best in living a happy life with friends and family who love you for who you are and not because you do what the WTBTS' wants.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Your mother is probably convinced that you are going to hell in a handbasket. Just let her know that you are the same person you have always been, except that you don't want to go to the meetings anymore. Time only goes one way... so it's probably best to keep moving in the direction you are going, and hope your mother comes around eventually. Sometimes they do. Good luck with it all.

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

Thanks all for the advice! I wouldn't go to a jc if they ever called me into one. I didn't want things to be this way, in my own slow way I was working on fading (last year I quit pioneering, stopped commuting to bethel, stopped going out in service weekly). Unfortunatly this situation is going to force me to do hints differntly then expected. I almost want to disfellowship them before they disfellowship me, lie I was thinking about writing a real sarcastic da letter. But I'm not that brave of a person, as even just fading has still taken me this long. She told me we needed to have an intervention type family meeting with both my sisters whos husbands are both elders and my one sister even serves at bethel, working with elders who are in my congregation. I told he an intervention is ridiculous. Anyway, I know I'm done for, hopefully this will all be over as quickly as possible.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Lostinthought - Whatever your mom's motives, the cat's out of the bag with an inevitable result - you'll be out, one way or another. I'm sorry you weren't able to fade on your own terms.

Here's a hug. hug

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey lostinthought!

I pray for you to find wisdom and power in these trying circumstances.

As others have said a star chamber JC will only make things much worse. Hopefully you can find the right way to terminate the Pharisees' illegitimate authority and control over you and your life.

Best wishes

Fernando

• finally awake
    finally awake

No matter how rough the ride, you are on your way to freedom. I wish you the best of luck, and remember that you have friends here who will support you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I believe the worst thing in the world, is when a Mom turn their back on the child they gave birth too

2 Ti 3:3 " Havingin no natural affection."

Love is unconditional and Judgement is not in the hands of men but placed in the hands of the Son

through this, Jesus allows us to show love to our nieghbors , sons , and daughters no matter what the difference is

And the sad thing is , it'll be a long time comin' before Jehovah's witnesses see the error of their ways

in a flash of " New Light " because they are

2 Ti 3:7 " Always learning, yet never able to come to accurate knowledge of truth"

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Or you could meet with them and bring on the crocodile tears, feigning repentance. That is probably the only way to not get DFed. Then do the fade.

zed

BTW, that was a crappy thing for your mother to do to you . . . but remember, she is in a cult.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I am in my 30s and I don't live at home, am not married or anything like that. I was visiting my mom this past week, I tell you the women has a 6th sense if she weren't a jw shed be a psychic. Anyway I had an argument with my "worldly" bf over the phone and I was upset so she caught me at a vulnerable moment and asked if I was sleeping with him. I admitted to it.

What is wrong with this picture? You sound like a normal 30something female. What is wrong is the bizarro world the JW's try to live in. Stand up for yourself and don't let any JW jokers push you around or try to dictate your life. Welcome and good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit