Happy New Year from Lee

by Lady Lee 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well it has been an interesting year for me; some heartache; some growth; and a lot of change. Regardless of where we are on our journey away from the Jehovah’s Witnesses we will be confronted with opportunities to learn and grow.

We don’t know where life will take us. The best we can do is accept the good things and good people into our lives and learn to set new stronger and healthier boundaries for the things in life that hurt. Those things that hurt might be a job or a family member. It might be health or financial problems.

Some of our choices may turn out well for us. Others may hurt us. But we can learn from those choices. They aren’t mistakes if you learn from them.

My youngest daughter is still shunning me. My relationship with my oldest daughter and her husband and their children is better than ever.

One important thing I have learned is that I need to let people know what I want or need rather than waiting for them to do something or guess at what I want. Old habits die hard and I was taught as a child to never ask for things. I guess we are never too old to learn new lessons.

The other thing I have realized is that when hurt I retreat. In the past that has meant I crawled inside myself and licked my wounds. This past year I took another approach and reached out for help immediately – almost. I have also taken a lot of time to just take care of me. It has helped me enormously. I am moving forward stronger than ever.

I send you good wishes for the coming year, a lessening of the pains you carry and a life you can feel good about.

Happy New Year

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Lady Lee, Thank you. I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year!

• Ding
    Ding

Happy New Year

• blondie
    blondie

Happy New Year to you too, Lee. And all on JWN and elsewhere jws and ex-jws find the true path for their lives, perhaps with more difficulty than they expected. May 2013 prove to be a year of learning and growing for all of us.

Love, Blondie

• moshe
    moshe

Thank you LL for your heartfelt wishes- as I told one friend here- "tomorrow will be a better day, because yesterday's troubles have flown away"- 2012 is history, may we make the right choices for our life and family in 2013. There is much tribal wisdom to be found on this forum to help us deal with life's unfairness.

It's a new year for me , as I signed for my Social Security a month ago and like most baby boomers my 40+ years of work experience goes with me. The only downside is that with this step, I have mentally moved into a new subdivison in which every house is fated to burn down- that's life as a mortal man.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Happy New Year LL!!! I sent you a PM earlier today to make sure that you are Okay as you haven't been around lately. I'm glad that you are doing well even though things get depressing at times. You are a very strong person!

You have helped so many people, and I hope that you are able to get the same help and support when you need it.

Take care, and have a warm, cozy, and love filled New Year!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Happy New Year back to you!! And to all!!

..and when the noise of all the merryment has quieted....there is still something exciting...we have taken our lives back...that is something to continue celebrating

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Lady Lee.

Happy New Year!

One minute to go!

Just Lois

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

Happy new year!

• d
    d

Happy new Year.