Why did Jehovah forget to buy all JW related domains ?

by mP 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mP
    mP

Is the simple fact the WTS forgot to buy domains like jwn etc proof that they are not guided by God ? How could God be so blind and forget to buy jwn, and let apostates spread their lies ?

• Simon
    Simon

The internet was invented by Satan himself. No, wait ... by Al Gore.

I remember getting so much shit when people found out I registered the names ... I got "Jehovah" (.com I think?) at one point and told people in the cong I bought God online.

Yeah, I was trouble.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I love this question!

• Eustace
    Eustace

Is the simple fact the WTS forgot to buy domains like jwn etc proof that they are not guided by God ?

Probably not of itself. If they were doing a better job of making decisions in other areas the thought that God wouldn't dot every I and cross every t for them wouldn't be at all unreasonable.

The thing of Rutherford saying Christ would return in 1925 to me is the first incontrovertible proof that they aren't guided by God. With 1914 they got away with saying the date was right but they just confused the invisible return of Jesus with his visible return, but how could they hope to explain 1925?

The answer is they didn't, just sweeping it under the rug. Thereby proving that even they could see it was a mistake.

No way God gives people guidance bad enough that they have to backtrack on it like that.

And then 1975 showed that God didn't decide to start giving them advice in the 50 years from 1925 to 1975.

Since about 1990 things have started circling the drain from the standpoint of them following the lesson Jesus was trying to get across in his parable of the talents.

So maybe from 1975 to 1990 they were getting a little advice from God.

Who knows? Maybe He took pity on them because the 1975 thing even made him wince in embarrassment for the JWs.

I got "Jehovah" (.com I think?) at one point and told people in the cong I bought God online.

How come you dropped the ball and let the Society get their hands on it?

I tried Jehovah.com and just got redirected to JW.org.

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe it wasn't the exact one, I can't recall - domains used to cost a lot more than they do now and having a bunch of them kicking around doing nothing added up.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Simon>>>>How does support of JW.net work? I am a bit new on here. Is it like PBS and every once in a while you, or someone comes on and requests donations? Serious question.

Thanks, Just Lois

• mP
    mP

Simon: And the WTS cant afford to buy 100 domains even if they were a few $ a pop ?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Excellent question mP...

I'll bet certain brothers in the IT Dept were "removed" after they went from watchtower.org to jw.org...

By the way... in Spanish & Portuguese, the url should really be TJ.org (Testigos/Testemunhas de Jehova)... and their jw.org url gets even more incompatible with most other languages..

So they really missed an opportunity to secure language-specific domains as well...

• Hermano
    Hermano

Pobrecitos testigos de jehova no encuentran lo que buscan cuando entran a TJ.org.

• lost1
    lost1

pobres almas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit