Notes from a Talk on Evolution

by simon17 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• simon17
    simon17

So I've been cleaning out my house of theocratic stuff, but its still fun to look through everything and see how life was. I looked through my study copies of bookstudy books and can pick the year based on the bands, sports players, songs, etc that are scribbled in the margins out of boredom. Also I laughed at how bored I must have been. One week's lesson it appears I tried to list every contraction in the English language. Another apparently I tried to list every meal I had eaten that week. Sad.

Anyway, I found this sheet of paper in my service bag of notes from a talk on evolution vs. creation. It was when I was mentally all gone but still trapped there. Mostly I did other things but I took notes on this one because, well, you'll see the absurdity. Here are my notes, which were taken directly from the speaker: See if you can find a logical contradiction in any of his points lol.

* Punctuated evolution = major changes occurring almost "overnight"

* There are little facts to back up evolution

* For 6000 years, man believed in creation. Then in the last 160 years man has switched -- this makes it obvious evolution is a teaching of Satan

* Its simply easier to believe in the Bible's account

* It takes blind faith to belive in evolution -- which is destructive

* Adams lineage does not include "son of cave man, son of ape man, son of ape" so clearly that can't be correct

* Evolution promotes animalistic behavior of guilt-free taking advantage of other groups of humans

* We don't observe punctuated equilibrium happening

FLAWS OF EVOLUTION

1: It doesn't answer why we are here

2: Why are our brains so large?

3: Why would we lose our fur and be slower than other animals?

4: Darwin predicted man would adapt to perfection but here we are, in our worst shape ever

* Love doesn't fit into evolutionary model because babies that are nurtured grow up better

* Why would God create something not perfect that would have to adapt?

* Evolution offers no hope and just creates a society of people acting like animals dressed up in clothes but being rude and unjust to each other.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Too many obvious flaws and lies in that, as always with such talks, but just think, that rubbish came from the W.T, and they knew what they were doing, and they fooled you and me in to swallowing that crap.

I hang my head in shame that I was such asucker, even being born-in is no excuse, just call me Jonny Numb-nuts.

• bohm
    bohm

Haha, looks like the degree from awake u is paying off!

• cofty
    cofty

Its frightening how willfully ignorant we once were.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Typical creationist 'logic' there, it's great to be on the outside able to see the fallacies and the propaganda for exactly what it is, but yes just like phizzy I used to swallow this sort of crap down too.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

creates a society of people acting like animals dressed up in clothes but being rude and unjust to each othe

"Creation" creates a society of people acting like animals dressed up in clothes but being rude and unjust to each other. IMO

• cantleave
    cantleave

I had that outline as well as "The Marvels of Gods Creation". I feel so foolish for delivering these talkjs to so many people.

In my defence I was offered the one about Noah, and refused

• still thinking
    still thinking

That list is embarassing to read... I believed it ALL...

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

" * Its simply easier to believe in the Bible's account"
    Lol. But I feel your pain simon17 when I think back at how fascinating I found the creation book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit