Disfellowshipped and never baptized

by zed is dead 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

If they are to do anything other than placing a note in your file, it will probably require the testimony of your mother. She would make two witnesses, but I'm not sure if it would count. She wasn't a witness to you not getting baptized, but to the fact that this was not a recently fabricated story to get out of the DF. Without that I suspect they will say the time to raise this issue was at your committee, if not earlier.

• bigmac
    bigmac

how do you prove you were never baptised-?--how many witnesses do you need to say they never saw it?

actually--this whole thing is nonesense---who can say you were--or werent?

ive never seen any record i was dipped--but i was.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

First step of course would be to contact the elders that supposedly DF you, explain things for your knowledge and perspective,

throw the ball into their own court as it were.

They may decide to announce at the Hall that they have made a mistake or they may not being that most elders are arrogant egotistical assholes

playing with their noted power in their congregation .

Have your mother as well also explain to the elders, it just might spur on some kind of action.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    if you accepted any assignments through the years that required baptism (Elder, MS, Pioneer) then I think they would say that you proved by accepting these that you were baptized and are simply lying now

I can understand if as a child, you were too scared to say anything publically at the time, but if as an adult you allowed the charade to continue, including accepting any assignments that only baptised publishers could receive, then you need to accept that you played your part and accept responsibility for your actions.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

How about this announcement:

"ZED IS DEAD was not and still is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

That'll confuse the congregation.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

On The Wat Out... lol

Broken Promises... Yes. Zed is Dead. Your goose just might be cooked.

Were you ever a regular pioneer or better yet an Elder? If so, I guess Holy Spirit was looking the other way. lol

Were you married at the KHall? Only for baptized JW's.

Please Zed id Dead... What is the update here?

Just Lois

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

That reminds me of my friend who went to get divorced and found out they were never legally married as the record was never mailed in. She was ecstatic. Her "husband" was very upset, as they'd had a child together and he was technically illegitimate.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

As far as I know from what the WT says, you make your dedication when you answer the questions out of the OD book and then answer the questions at the end of the baptism talk. The water part is only symbolizing it. They will probably still view you as DF.

• blondie
    blondie

Question were not discussed with baptism candidates until the Lamp book (yellow) and it was done as a group not one with 2 elders. Before this I don't remember any formal question session.

*** jv chap. 22 p. 479 Part 4—Witnesses to the Most Distant Part of the Earth ***

When it was realized, in 1956, that some in the Gold Coast who were getting baptized had not built their faith on an adequate foundation, an arrangement was instituted there to screen baptismal candidates. Responsibility was placed on local congregation overseers in the Gold Coast to examine personally each immersion candidate to make sure that he had a sound knowledge of basic Bible truths, that he was living in harmony with Bible standards, and that he clearly understood the obligations that go with being a dedicated, baptized Witness of Jehovah. In time, a similar procedure was put into effect worldwide. A detailed outline for use in reviewing basic Bible teachings with baptismal candidates was provided in 1967 in the book “Your Word Is a Lamp to My Foot.”

*** km 11/71 p. 8 Question Box ***

Should the eighty questions in the “Lamp” book be covered in personal Bible studies with interested persons?

The “Lamp” book is not intended for general public distribution. So it is not something that we offer to people as a basis for study when we first begin to call on them. There is no objection to your using it to answer some of their questions. But to obtain a personal copy, the student must make request of the congregation servant, and this he would do when he is making good progress toward dedication and baptism.

There is nothing secret about the answers to those eighty questions. The student is encouraged to study them carefully before the overseers review the material with him in preparation for his baptism. If the student needs some help with that review, there is no objection to your discussing the material together. Any discussion of the Bible and of the Society’s literature explaining the Bible is wholesome and is to be encouraged. But it would not be wise to bypass a personal study of the “Truth” book, thinking that the vital points can be learned simply by studying the eighty questions. Nor should we review those eighty questions in such a way that we are encouraging the person to memorize certain answers. The important thing is to promote understanding and appreciation of the truth, and private discussion can do much to accomplish this.

*** w70 5/15 p. 306 par. 10 Your Conscience Toward Jehovah ***

The spirit of God provides his Word, preserves his Word of truth, reveals it, enabling his servants to understand it, and empowers the followers of Christ Jesus for the ministry of the Word of God. (1 Cor. 2:10) One properly baptized in the name of the holy spirit must recognize the obligations upon Christians in being ministers of the good news and as such a minister must share in the great worldwide work of making disciples of other persons, teaching them in turn. This means cooperation with the congregation of God’s people and association with it, taking advantage of all the fine provisions made through the congregation upon which God’s spirit rests for the spiritual welfare of all therein. In fact, as a person contemplates becoming a disciple and reaches the point of making a dedication to Jehovah he, in conjunction with the ministerial servants in the congregation organization, will be able to review the publication “Your Word Is a Lamp to My Foot.” This informative Watch Tower publication includes eighty basic teachings of the Bible. These are to be gone over, one at a time, so that it will be known to all, the prospective immersion candidate and his associates in the Christian congregation, that the one desiring to symbolize his dedication does have an understanding and appreciation of these basic teachings of God’s Word.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Not sure blondie, that was my impression from a talk a CO gave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit