First post

by jonno12225 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Welcome to the forum jonno12225

"My deconversion story is a bit unique in the sense of me turning atheist but still believing in my religion."

That's some neat trick.

• jonno12225
    jonno12225

@ breakfast- Yes big RD fan and i enjoyed the jw episode. Another one I enjoy (but sweary if you dont like that) is Irreligiosophy and The Church of Awesome. Both ex mormons present them and the similarites between the two religions are quite stark.

I am still interested in the bible, but from a scholarly perspective. I enjoy The Human Bible presented by Robert Prise for a better understanding of the bible and how it was made, compiled, changed etc

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome to the forum

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks for the recommendations

Human Bible looks really interesting.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you for sharing your story, and a bit of the Hitch always makes my day better....

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome .. great first post!!

I too became an atheist, before I realised the truth is not the truth

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hi and welcome! I look forward to reading your post in detail later!

00DAD

• designs
    designs

Welcome to the forum.

• 88JM
    88JM

Welcome Jonno - really interesting to hear how you started with 607 - feels like starting at the deep end, but it's a big one that destroys all their credibility in one swoop.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Welcome Jonno12225. Yes, the truth should withstand scrutiny and that is why the WT. discourages it when it pertains to them. It is so true that the house of cards falls when a fundamental teaching is exposed as being based on false information as you pointed out with the examplle of the mistaken date of 607 BCE for the destruction of Jerusalem. So much of Wt. teaching hinges on that date and without it everything falls apart. Thankfully you figured this out before wasting the better part of your life on a fantasy. -Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit