apologies for how long, dry and boring this is but I just wanted to share...

by Glander 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

perfect thread title if you don't want anyone to even hit on it.

I guarantee you could make someone read the list of ingredients on a package of instant breakfast mix if you worded it the right way.

• blondie
    blondie

Perhaps people are just extending concern and friendship to you Glander.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

It wasn't that bad. I'm on a low carb diet

• kozmo
    kozmo

Yes, what is interesting about your thread is that it just goes to show that there are many open minds out here just Yearning to hear TRUTHS, any TRUTHS, other than those we found to be UN truths.

Good to see you here Blondie. I have been gone for some time now, but, it's good to be back. Formerly knowe as nomoreguilt

Thank you

Koz

• Glander
    Glander

Thank you , marm. Always there with the tsk tsk, eh Blondie?

But, I think you know, my point is that the wording of a thread title can discourage the thread being opened. Why pour out your heart and soul for 3 pages of scrolling and then post it under an apology like it was nothing ? Seems kind of a shame . Package needs to be positive not negative.

That's all.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

That's a good point, Glander. I think there is a tendency to feel apologetic for leaning on others, as if our experience is somehow not worthy of help.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Perhaps people are just extending concern and friendship to you Glander.

Well, that's why I clicked on it. I thought maybe I could be of some help.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I clicked on it cuz of who made the topic.

• Glander
    Glander

I think there is a tendency to feel apologetic for leaning on others, as if our experience is somehow not worthy of help.

You put your finger on it, Mamo. It was a gentle suggestion.

It wasn't intended to be harsh or discouraging.

(Thanks, Jonesy. I'll try to live up to it.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I always click on titles that have to do with real people. Never, or almost never, click on titles that have to do with the wtbts or doctrine unless I'm in a pissy mood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit