Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-30-2012 (DO YOUR WILL)

by blondie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

I must admit that I've always liked the character David, simply because he was so human. He did do bad things that we would never dream of doing but when he acknowledged his crimes and faced them he was heartbroken over them. He also wrote some beautiful Psalms.

I think Jesus showed what mercy over law was when the jews brought the adulterous woman to him wanting her to be stoned. His answer that any without sin be the first to cast the stone showed that the law was imperfect and unforgiving. Maybe many of those laws were enforced to the letter without any kind of mercy or forgiveness being shown and Jesus was showing the real way.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Good point. That is why I just try to be forgiving. I'm no saint after all...

• tornapart
    tornapart

Blondie:- Great comments everyone; and strength to those who still attend.

And thanks to you for all your hard work on these Blondie. For those of us still in it means a lot because it helps to 'deprogramme' anything that may have slipped past us and helps us to stay alert to any of the propaganda methods used.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There is no doubt that King David had a spiritual side to him. But there is sufficient evidence in the Bible that shows he had a very fleshly and physical side to him as well.

As everyone knows, he had more than his share of women throughout his life; he was a schemer, sinful, vengeful and responsible for the loss of many innocent people, not to mention a bad father and a poor role model.

King David could never have said this about himself:

'A covenant I have concluded with my eyes. So how could I show myself attentive to a virgin?' (Job 31:1)

'If my heart has been enticed toward a woman, And I kept lying in wait at the very entrance way of my companion.....For that would be loose conduct, and that would be an error for attention by the justices' (Job 31:9-11)

WT truly has ‘misplaced admiration’ for this Bible character.

• blondie
    blondie

Remember that David and Manasseh got a free pass from God without facing the human judges in the gate as the Law required. What about other murderers and adulterers and idolaters that didn't happen to be kings through which the Messiah was said to come through? Where was God for the other repentant Israelites that had murdered someone or taken someone's wife? Where was the basis for repentance in those situations?

David was responsible for a DELIBERATE murder as was Manasseh. Even the WTS applies the Law regarding murder this way.

*** it-2 p. 450 Murder ***

Whereas the death penalty was prescribed for deliberate murderers and a ransom was ruled out in their case,

No room for repentance and forgiveness.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Solomon took a Pagan wife, didn't he? And since Joseph had nothing to do with Jesus' birth, how is the Messiah thru David's line? Unless David was an ancestor of Mary.

And like a PP said, David's mistakes made him a "real" person. But like Blondie mentioned, why did other people have to die for his mistakes?

• blondie
    blondie

Luke: David through David's son Nathan (Mary's line)

Matthew: David through David's son Solomon (Joseph's line)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit