Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-30-2012 (DO YOUR WILL)

by blondie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Blondie, you are really on the ball. This is available before the study. Brilliant.

Yes, this timing is great. Would be interesting to see if there are any public (or private) comments before/during/after the meeting that sound a lot like Blondie's.

Doc

• 88JM
    88JM

I was reading this thread during the Watchtower on my smartphone. You would not belive the contrast with the dubs comments - everyone seemed to have total amnesia about the bad stuff David did - he was held up as a shining example of every one of these points, and all the people who he killed and allowed to die didn't matter at all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just who are they supposed to be following as their messiah, Jesus or David? It is articles like this that should make anyone question whether the religion is even pure Christian as it claims to be (remember, if they claim to be pure Christian and they are part Jewish or Muslim, they are guilty of lying regardless of whether one of these platforms is actually the right one). I would expect a Jewish religion to use Tyrant David as a role model (along with such as Moses), not a Christian one. If they wish to be the truth, they first need to pick one of them.

Otherwise, I will just presume they are lying. This is beyond the fact that both platforms are full of evil. (Islam is, too.) At least, I don't go around claiming to be a member of the only true Christian belief system and then impose elements of Satanism and try mixing them. I will honestly claim to follow Satan directly--once you claim to be Christian, and you don't abide by Christ, you are automatically lying. And articles like this shows that Jehovah's Witlesses place way too much trust in Tyrant David (and Moses) to be true Christians as they claim to be.

• SAHS
    SAHS

I am going to comment at today's Watchtower study on paragraph 18 and outline those rather nasty sins King David committed, including the 70,000 dying for his improper census taking, the death of Uzzah resulting from not bothering to follow instruction about the carrying of the Ark of the Covenant, having his nephew Joab kill Uriah, and then having Solomon kill Joab.

Everyone - if you happen to go/be dragged to a Kingdom Hall today, PLEASE make sure you give the above comment for paragrap 18. People should be made more aware of the kind of sterling example David REALLY is!

And thank you, Blondie, for making my Watchtower preparation a little more fun.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Additional comment:

Par.8

". . . that I should do this thing to my lord."

The end of the paragraph applies this to David's possible killing of Saul. But the context (1 Sam 24:5, 6) shows that David said this after feeling remorse over cutting off the corner of Saul's coat. By cutting off the corner, it made the coat in violation of the Law (Num 15:38, 39; Deut 22:12). It may have also represented to David a symbolic transfer of power from Saul to David. Perhaps David began considering the implications of this act after cutting it off and so felt remorse about this lesser, but definite act of disloyalty towards his lord, Saul.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Tell us how you really feel about David, Blondie. (he was an a-hole, wasnt he? much worse than the average df'd JW now days)

• wasblind
    wasblind

True, there is “a time to keep quiet,” but

we must not be ashamed of being Witnesses

of Jehovah and followers of Jesus.__________Nov 15, 2012 WT

Yes they need to keep quiet, Before someone show them Matthew 17:5 " Where God said " this is my son, the beloved, whom I have approved listen to him."

Matthew 17:5 + Acts 1:8 = Jehovah's witnesses are not followers of Jesus. And will continue to be laughed at

• wasblind
    wasblind

Blondie You went beyond a comment, Sounds like you put the WTS on full blast

LOL

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL double post

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

Thanks, Blondie!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit