Why are Regular Pioneers Increasing?

by Gayle 32 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I think we are ignoring the obvious. The branch has made a push in pioneering recently more than before. They are betting on the 80/20 rule in reverse. So more people are choosing to pioneer as a result of their efforts.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are going through a phase when they hit their 40's? My wife is starting to get antsy, and want to pioneer. She isn't even in good enough shape to jog a mile. Pioneering will ruin her life and mine. As time passes I think some dubs who dislike their life get the idea that pioneering will be a good change of pace. They call it the real life. The idea of quitting the rat-race of Satan's system and jumping in the pioneer ranks seems like a good idea to many. My wife thinks that when we retire, HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Sorry, had to get that out, she thinks that we will do temp work at Bethel and take vacations to seldom worked territory.

I hope that the Org is gone, or I am dead by then.........

• Gayle
    Gayle

Or. . . is it a "full-throttle desperation" attempt for many to regain their "first/new love" for the WT "truths" or revive them to somehow get more of God's spirit or blessing that they fear they are losing. I guess time will tell.

• Emery
    Emery

They really have been harping this at the meetings and well, people are buying it.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

the special talk after the 2012 Memorial... "Is it closer than you think?"

• wasblind
    wasblind

Question: How on earth will the Pioneers compete against the internet ??

The reason for the booths is that fewer doors are openin' because of the internet

so they hope to catch folks on the street. Not only that, heaven help 'em

if hey get boxed in by a member of this board. what they gonna do , Pack up

and run to another area ????

Jehovah's Witnesses shoulda been in the olympics, ask 'em a few heated questions

and they sprint.

• prologos
    prologos

It is gratitude to the Faithful and Discreet Slave to be considered faithful by putting in 15 minutes; 30 hrs; 70 hrs per month respectively to fulfill the baptism-induction vow.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Disclaimer: I have no idea - but can speculate like everyone else.

Last year = 2011?

It could be due to world events last year - tsunami's? earthquakes? etc.

It could also be an up-tick in high school graduates with no career goals '...so, let's pioneer...' instead of going to college.

Note: kiddos graduating in 2011 were probably conceived in 1992 - wasn't there some sort of 'doomsday prediction' for the JWs in 1992-ish (similar to 1975)?

Last year = 2012?

Same answers as above.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

I know regular pioneers who meet twice a month for group door-to-door work. They probably do about 5-6 hours a month this way. They spend another 5-6 hours a month doing face-to-face bible studies and returns. Every second of the rest is done in front of a computer. One told me if it takes him 15-minutes to compile some message he counts the time again for every different person he emails it to. His placements are mostly done as email attachments.

These days it’s a whole new ballgame for pioneers.

Marvin Shilmer

• tiki
    tiki

yep, cobaltcupcake...it was 100 a month or you'd be dumped....i was dumped after about nine months of misery....

from what marvin shilmer writes - sounds like cheating compared to the olden days of real trudging h-h.....i bet a lot of those supposed 70 or 50 hours a month are inflated radically anyway......what a bunch of hooey....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit