Remarkable Statistic - Bible Studies compared to Baptisms

by jwfacts 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am surprised I have not noticed this before, particularly since this is one of the most important statistics, and so have just added the new graphs to Watchtower Publisher Statistics.

The number of Bible Studies generally trends roughly with the number of publishers on a one to one basis. However, the number of baptisms has not been rising. This has resulted in a rapidly falling conversion rate. The percentage of Bible studies that get baptised have dropped dramatically, from a high of around 1 in 5 (22%) to now a mere 1 in 32 (3.1%).

For any JW that claims 1975 was never an important year, I'd love to see them explain that graph.

I cannot believe the following graph, when I first saw it I thought there must be a mistake in the figures. 8 million bible studies but only 200,000 baptisms looks even worse than it sounds.

• carla
    carla

Thank you! marking

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks , once again for all your works, and especially for the graphs, very graphic !

• cedars
    cedars

Wow, those graphs are remarkable, especially the second one. Thanks jwfacts!

Cedars

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Conducting more bible studies = keeping people occupied with busywork so that they don't notice you fucking them over

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow! This is very dramatic!! Thank you for all your work and insights! JWs may work more but always result in minimal production.

• Borges
    Borges

Wow, that is really remarkable.

Well, you can fake your hours on the report and even the number of bible-studies. But you can't fake a baptism. With these graphs you can see, what's really going on: More and more effort (real or pretended) but the results remain the same - close to insignificant.

Thanks for your work!

• jw07
    jw07

Faith deludes, science does not lie :-)

The facts hurt!

• happy@last
    happy@last

That's very interesting. Pity we can't differentiate between real studies and family studies, conversion stats then will be ridiculous.

• Mary
    Mary
    The percentage of Bible studies that get baptised have dropped dramatically, from a high of around 1 in 5 (22%) to now a mere 1 in 32 (3.1%).

Wow! I never realized the numbers were so low! Even a 22% ratio is pretty bad. That means that 78% of all bible studies go absolutely nowhere. I wish we could get some stats on how many of those bible studies are:

a) conducted with children who are born-ins
    b) conducted in third world countries where those poor people would grasp at anything that promised them a better life.

I'm guessing that bible studies with potential converts in developed lands are almost non-existant. And when you factor in the billions of hours that Witnesses spend in the coffee shops preaching each year, it really shows how inefficent the door-to-door preaching actually is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit