who are your favorite preachers? here a few of mine!

by unstopableravens 132 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ticker
    Ticker

I don't think this person counts exactly as the steriotypical preacher but I found his two series very informative for Christians. His name is Mark Fairley and he has the "Know your Enemy" and "Fuel Project" series on YouTube. There is one episode specifically on Jehovah's Witnesses from the Know your Enemy series that is well done. They were worth the watch for me as I gained a lot of good knowledge and encouragement.

Francis Chan was already mentioned but I like him also. Great energy and love for God.

Shawn McCraney is interesting. Seen a few of his shows and they are low key down to earth and aimed at helping Mormons to come to Jesus.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I like Joel Osteen but I am not religious at all. I rarely watch his sermons anyway.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

osteen does not talk about sin or hell ,he tickles the ears of his listeners, he was interviewed by larry king , check it out on youtube!it was horrible his responses to the questions.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i love preachers who speak truth ! and people who love holiness , ravenhill was a very holy man (and he has a good name)

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I enjoy listening to Rev Ed Bacon when needing a spiritual boost. He did a nice sermon after the CT shooting that was comforting.

OP - you probably won't like him because he's liberal. But for those who still want a bit of spirituality without Biblical literalism, he's great!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The Reverend Horton Heat

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

About five or so years ago I used to watch Osteen every week, then it finally clicked in, he's just as bad as the lot of em' he's just smoother in his approach.

And Price, can't think of his first name, used to watch him too, first thing that came out his mouth every week was his begging for money, or should I say donations.

A former co-worker of mine follows TD Jakes so much that a few years ago she was called by the IRS to verify her huge donations to his church.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

this a joke thread right?

• jgnat
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

Finallysomepride!!! You stole my comment!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit