There was no "assault" rifle used in Newtown, CT!!!

by Yohan 29 Replies latest social current

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I for one think that Yohan's point is a good one. I have seen and heard so much bad information. How will we ever had a genuine discussion about the subject when most lawmakers and the public are misled or uninformed? Is it any wonder why emotions run so high when people try to talk about these issues. If nothing else lets get the facts straight about this shooting. The victims deserve that much as we consider how to prevent something like this from ever happening again.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Not true.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

People will chatter and carry on, politicians will posture for a while until the next big earthquake or storm, and life will move on. No one will have their guns taken away. No one has an answer.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'It's a fact that crazy people just like murder and mayhem- it's fun for them!!'

Maybe, american crazy people. In downtown montreal, i saw lots of crazy people, many of them street people. They were mostly harmless. Some of them, you could hear them coming because of their yelling. Some would just talk to themselves. They were generally treated kindly by the average montrealer, even the cops. I think that the kindness towards them is the difference. Of course, they were amusing, too. How are crazy people generally viewed and treated by the average person in the usa?

S

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

DP

So Yohan's point actually makes a stronger case for MORE firearms regulation (eg reinstatement of the assault weapons ban, lower limits on clip capacity for hand-guns and rifles alike, etc).

With that kind of thinking are you goint to take all long guns away as well. As I've said many times here, you can do much more damage with a 12 guage pump.

• moshe
    moshe

if you have ever had a run in with a normal acting person, who was a crazy person at heart and then they came after you for no good reason (don't ask strangers for directions) and your were without a weapon and scared for you life-Well, it colors you view of the mentally ill-

• Mary
    Mary
    The Bushmaster was left in the car and it was 4 handguns that were used in the massacre! The media are morons.

Wow. If you think that argument is going to help your 'you-can-pry-it-from-my-cold-dead-hand' argument, it sort of backfired. If 4 handguns can murder that many people in so short of time, then maybe handguns need to banned too.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Not true - the Bushmaster was weapon used.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Wow. If you think that argument is going to help your 'you-can-pry-it-from-my-cold-dead-hand' argument, it sort of backfired. If 4 handguns can murder that many people in so short of time, then maybe handguns need to banned too.

so Mary would take hunters guns away from the hunters as well?

• Mary
    Mary
    so Mary would take hunters guns away from the hunters as well?

If it helped prevent massacres of innocent people? Absolutely I would. Wouldn't you?

Funny, I was just watching an episode of All In the Family where Archie Bunker was dead set against gun-control. (Coincidence that that particular episode happened to be on?) He said he could "end hyjacking tomorrow". How? Simple. Just arm all the passengers with guns before the flight and that'll end the problem. Funny how the NRA's solution to the massacres in the USA mirrors exactly what one of the biggest buffoons in TV history suggested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit