So, What Did You Get For XMas?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

LOL Open Mind @ the JW.org subscription!

I do like that "lump of coal" that's mounted on that ring though. Leslie

• nugget
    nugget

I had a glass sculpture, an aztec style necklace, some christmas decorations, some pampering gifts and a CD I have wanted. Truly awesome christmas this year.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i got a christmas card--from my d/f son. never ever had a card from any of my kids before.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I got a Cold Steel Spartan and a bottle of Seagrams 7.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

After several years of doing the overboard xmas make-up thing a la Finally Awake's thread: /http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/243965/1/I-think-I-went-overboard-LOL, we now try to set limits, the main one being that gifts are primarily for the grandkids. But my daughters each always get me something and vice-versa.

This year I got a luxurious, super-comfy new computer chair, a sweater, two beautiful scarves (one from Spain), several pairs of wild earrings, and lots of kisses and hugs and I love you's. It was a very nice xmas.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My good friend Jeff got me a book about travel in China, my siblings bought me socks (which I love), my dad got me a "Life is Good" jacket with hat. Another relative got me a "Life is Good" t-shirt and another got me a "Bears" jersey.

I swear I started a "Life is Good" floodgate of gifts. I exchange gifts with my stepmother's family because my dad and my younger siblings on that side of the family are the non-JW's. Anyway, I bought a bunch of "Life is Good" stuff for everyone and that might have been the end of it, but my dad found out I like that stuff and bought me some, then while he was there, he bought it for my siblings too. My stepmother's siblings had to ask "What's up with all that 'Life is Good' stuff?" I had to tell them that life actually is good.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh also, I got

12 Drummers Drumming
    11 Pipers Piping
    10 Lords-a-Leaping
    9 Ladies Dancing
    8 Maids-a-Milking
    7 Swans-a-Swimming
    6 Geese-a-Laying
    5 Gold Rings
    4 Calling Birds
    3 French Hens
    2 Turtle Doves
    And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
  • andys
    andys

I got a very nice business card holder from a friend of mine who also designed a logo for a business that I started in November and also on Christmas day I spent time with friends who are also my co workers at their house, had a fun time, this is my second year celebrating Christmas and now Christmas has alot more meaning, actually Christmas has been teaching me alot, Christmas is a time for family/friends together, time of peace/joy, its a refresher for a start of the upcoming New Years, I want to say happy new years to everyone on here.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Spent the day with friends, we had a Mexican feast. I got a new coffee pot and a gift certificate to the nicest restaurant in town. Most fun was hanging out with my friends.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

i got a 42" flat screen tv, just a cheapy for downstairs, for those hot days/nights when it's cooler downstairs than upstairs,

that was my gift to myself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit