The Gentile Times Reconsidered (607 B.C.E.) -Part A1 - Jeremiah 25:10-12 Reviewed

by FaceTheFacts 259 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Jeffro says:

Terry has spoken. We must all abandon this thread, and only participate in Terry-approved threads...(Page 10 of this thread)

Terry... you don't think there's merit in discussions about 607. We heard you. And it's fine that you don't find any merit in it. Others do. Back away from the dead horse. (Page 12)

I'll back away from my dead horse if you'll back away from yours You've been at it at least 6 years!

http://jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/118445/1/607-website-part-1

• Terry
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

I haven't read this thread yet....So what did I miss?

• Terry
    Terry

Have you ever watched watched a lawn grow?

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

MARKED.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I use just one question and one question only which puts the burden on them: Where are the original autograph manuscripts of the bible kept? Museums, the Vatican, Smithsonian Institute? Where?

Not one JW ever knows the answer to that one. When they find out they are usually quite shaken---as I was!

How is that going to answer their contention/question about 607 and how long the exile was? And so what if there are no original autographs of the Bible books. We don't have the original autograph manuscripts of Josephus or countless other authors from antiquity. Are their works historically worthless? Are they not to be consulted or used in piecing together historical events?

It's curious that you draw upon a biblical figure as an analogy. Why? Anyway, all it illustrates is that 'there is more than one way to skin a cat.' David killed one Philistine with a well-targeted pebble which was enough for that situation.

Nothing that you haven't seen before.

We were quite happy watching the lawn grow, but Terry turned up, sat down with us and began to bellyache over how pointless and boring it was watching the lawn grow. But still he sits here with us, bellyaching instead of going off to do something more worthwhile instead.

• Terry
    Terry

We don't have the original autograph manuscripts of Josephus or countless other authors from antiquity. Are their works historically worthless? Are they not to be consulted or used in piecing together historical events?

Almost no comparison as to asserted magesterium and importance, Ann!

Neither Josephus (nor any other historian) is the foundation of all doctrinal belief as to the will of God.

It's curious that you draw upon a biblical figure as an analogy. Why?

So, I could make a joke about asses jawboning....didn't you get it?

Terry turned up, sat down with us and began to bellyache over how pointless and boring it was watching the lawn grow. But still he sits here with us, bellyaching instead of going off to do something more worthwhile instead.

I walked in after all the bodies were buried and went "tsk tsk". Hardly a cataclysm! I only stuck around because certain people tried to shoo me off. Remember,

that scene in Butch Cassidy? Invite me to stay and I'll leave

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Terry:

You've been at it at least 6 years!

New readers are more likely to look at new topics. Not that I have to justify anything to you.

You've wasted time on over a dozen posts complaining about complaining. If you don't like the topic, ignore it instead of trolling the thread.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Almost no comparison as to asserted magesterium and importance, Ann!

Neither Josephus (nor any other historian) is the foundation of all doctrinal belief as to the will of God.

Whether one thinks the Bible is the literal and inerrant word of God or not doesn't alter the fact that it is one of the source materials for helping to establish whether or not the exile spanned 70 years from Jerusalem's fall.

So, I could make a joke about asses jawboning....didn't you get it?

Haw haw.

Remember, that scene in Butch Cassidy? Invite me to stay and I'll leave

Long time since I saw that movie. I'm thinking more 'Nanny McPhee' - except that we didn't need you in the first place.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

AnnOMaly, you have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit