The Gentile Times Reconsidered (607 B.C.E.) -Part A1 - Jeremiah 25:10-12 Reviewed

by FaceTheFacts 259 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    we cannot grasp fully and with certainty "facts" beyond our academic credentials.

It's more than a tad naive to presume that someone "cannot" understand something merely because they don't have a piece of paper.

WE ARE FIGHTING THE WRONG BATTLE because it cannot be won.

It's for the benefit of the other readers, not to 'save' the apologists.

TERRY'S TEST: Any discussion debate or argument over "facts" which includes one side or the other employing the word "ridiculous" IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF EVERYBODY'S TIME.

Showing the truth about the delusional JW chronology can (and has) help(ed) some people get out from the religion's hold. That's surely of more benefit than the hypothetical pseudo-intellectual 'discussions' I've seen on some other threads (though there's nothing wrong with those threads even if they're no better use of a person's time). Other than that, use of the word 'ridiculous' (or any other word) does not automatically trivialise a discussion about facts. So your objection seems little more than argument from fallacy, argument from intimidation, with a smattering of appeal to pride.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

This is brain surgery. Why stand and argue brain surgery if you are not a physician and pretend you actually understand what you are talking about? It is hubris.

LOL. It's not brain surgery, neither is it rocket science. Even it it were, can't autodidacts who have an interest in the subject go on a forum to discuss or debate? Should only medical professionals talk about the merits and demerits of blood transfusion medicine? Should only qualified geologists write against young earth creationism? Should only those with degrees in politics and economics discuss government policies and this financial crisis?

Your whole objection is ridiculous!

• Terry
    Terry

Since 1963 there has been a cottage industry of conspiracy books (never-ending, it seems) written by laymen using "expert evidence" to prove Lee Harvey Oswald did NOT shoot J.F.K. in Dallas on November 22,1963.

These people PROVE their case to the extent we now know J.F.K. was killed by the C.I.A. the K.G.B., Fidel Castro, the Mafia, Lyndon Johnson or.....well, anybody BUT Lee Harvey Oswald.

How are they able to do this so well that a substantial per centage of the population now are convinced the Warren Commission Report was a fraud?

Easy! One set of amateur thinkers know how to appeal to another set of amateur thinkers by manipulating data BEYOND THEIR LEVEL OF EDUCATION.

My point?

Why do you think so many ego-driven amateur theologians are eager to EXPLAIN the hidden "meaning" of the book of Revelation? The less a deluded person actually knows the easier it is for them to jump

in to the deep water perfectly confident of their own ability!

Why does education even matter at all? Ask any Jehovah's Witness what Seminary degree they have and they'll sneer contemptuously at the very idea of EDUCATION!

IGNORANT PEOPLE DON'T NEED EDUCATION, EXPERTISE OR UNDERSTANDING------they are above it all.

Go ahead and embarass yourselves. I wouldn't dream of trying to stop any of it.

Disproving madcap theology is like arguing against Unicorns. Why waste your time?

I've paddled in those choppy waters myself. I've wasted my time there. Why listen to me?

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/244292/1/The-truth-about-the-Truth-Recovery

For posterity’s sake, I thought I’d add the above link. Alas, it is locked and quite bizarre, but maybe it will help give a background into what led to these threads.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Disproving madcap theology is like arguing against Unicorns. Why waste your time?

I've paddled in those choppy waters myself. I've wasted my time there. Why listen to me?

Not the same. There are no facts to support the idea of unicorns. There ARE facts to support certain historical events that the Bible mentions and there ARE facts to debunk certain erroneous ideas about those historical events.

If you've been there, got the dvd and t-shirt and don't want to bother wasting any more of your precious time on it, DON'T. I happen to like researching and talking (or having a good ol' ding-dong) about this subject. For some who are trying to negotiate their way around all the dizzying details, it is not a waste of time but something very helpful to them. How do I know? People email and say so. I may one day get to the stage when I'm done with it, but for now I'm enjoying the ride.

• Londo111
    Londo111

One doesn't need a degree in astrophyics to debunk a flat-earther...

Too many JWs see the subject of 607 and their eyes glaze and they think, "I can't possibly understand this stuff. I’m no expert. I’ll just trust what the Watchtower says. Why would they lie to me?” But the fact is, it CAN be understood if the effort is expended in understanding it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Terry has spoken. We must all abandon this thread, and only participate in Terry-approved threads. Like discussions about what dinosaurs ate before Adam and Eve.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Don't worry Jeffro, FaceTheFacts will respawn very soon and a new 607 thread will appear.

• Terry
    Terry

Not the same. There are no facts to support the idea of unicorns. There ARE facts to support certain historical events that the Bible mentions and there ARE facts to debunk certain erroneous ideas about those historical events.

*****************************************************************************

Ahhh, not so fast!

Deuteronomy 33:17 His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Job 39:9-10 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

Psalms 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psalms 29:6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

Psalms 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

Numbers 23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

Numbers 24:8 God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.

Isaiah 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

My point? Why do you think people EVER believed in Unicorns in the first place? See above!

Ever see the bumper sticker that says "The bible says it, I believe it, that settles it" Would arguing with unicorn believers have worked? You can't prove a negative!

• Terry
    Terry

Terry has spoken. We must all abandon this thread, and only participate in Terry-approved threads. Like discussions about what dinosaurs ate before Adam and Eve.

Now that's more like it!

My work here is done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit