The Gentile Times Reconsidered (607 B.C.E.) -Part A1 - Jeremiah 25:10-12 Reviewed

by FaceTheFacts 259 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    You know whats a joke? No one else noticed Jeffro trying to debate about a language he doesnt speak?

Ah yes... this became (and still is) his 'linchpin' (though in the case of his behaviour, maybe 'lynchpin' would be more valid).

Apparently I'm supposed to be mortally "embarrassed" by the child's repeated taunts of, "He's not even fluent in ancient Hebrew." (Though it would be more humorous if the taunt were, "et ipse est non etiam facundus in antiqua hebraice!")

I do occasionally allow the fools to underestimate me when it amuses me, and whilst I'm not fluent in Hebrew, I am a quick study. But aside from that, fluency is not required for basic textual analysis, and I adequately demonstrated how the arguments he presented about the Hebrew perfect and imperfect moods are invalid in view of the oracular style of writing being discussed.

• atrapado
    atrapado

"This site is just an internet version of the Kingdom Hall. Any opposing viewpoint is shunned and silenced and shut down" Is that why you stick around because it makes you feel at home?

UnapologeticLWT even if Jeffro is wrong you don't seem to understand my point. So the 70 year period has been tried to explain using different dates taking it literal or symbolic. One thing the scholars that have tried to explain when the 70 year period happen is that they respect the archaeological evidence. However here comes the pompous WT telling everyone they have the right explication and the solution to the puzzle is to ignore the exact thing that has puzzle scholars. Ignore the archaelogical evidence who cares lets just make something that matches our current dogma and will just say everyone else is wrong and that future findings will prove us right. Why is that so hard to understand?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

UnapologeticLWT,

I noticed you are a new poster. Have you ever posted on this site under another name?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Not sure what I mean? Your post count reads 6.

Heh... yeah I noticed that too.

Funny how, when AnnOMaly called him out for his dishonest attribution of a paragraph cobbled together from different pages of a source, that he objected, claiming that his presentation was honest. And yet his entire presence is dishonest.

It should be readily evident to anyone paying attention that his modus operandi consists of the following:

• Only consider points in isolation rather than in the full context to make his (the WT) interpretation of a verse appear plausible
    • Ignore the actual arguments presented, especially the strongest arguments, which simply go unmentioned
    • Employ fallacious appeals to pride regarding whatever he believes to be the weakest point of argument
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

UnapologeticLWT:

Everyone is allowed to break the forum guidelines by cursing and hurling insults yet the JW is banned for the most trivial or no reason at all.

Here's a good reason, straight from the site's Terms of Use:

when using the Service, you will not:
    * create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences;

So according to policy, you should be banned on sight.

• UnapologeticLWT
    UnapologeticLWT

I have no interest in having discussions with any of you. Please save your questions for someone who cares.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    You know whats a joke? No one else noticed Jeffro trying to debate about a language he doesnt speak?

And what language would that be? The language of Stupid?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I have no interest in having discussions with any of you. Please save your questions for someone who cares.

LOL. And yet here you are. Still. Again. Just leave already.

• Crisis of Conscience
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

QC,

I am assuming that this was directed towards me.

@Dog

Who appointed you to be kindergarten referee? Your presumptuousness is amazing. Are you the resident preeminent sage leading the flock?

I am sorry you feel that way. I love this current topic. I am just trying to point out how apologists make things up. In my opinion the WTBTS has been making thigs up as they go along for decades. They are extremely presumptuous, expecting unfailing loyalty to their man-made doctrine.

Sorry if I offended anyone. My posts are usually at least half smart-ass, as most everyone knows. Just about everyone knows that I am not presumptuous, just a smart-ass.

Giant paragraphs of circular reasoning can be very confusing. There are many who come here but never post. I want them to see FTF's posts for what they are. Also, I was in no way saying that other posters were making things up. So again, sorry. I liked your commments BTW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit