jw experience from conn. shootings

by ashpman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ashpman
    ashpman

Just found this on a post from a fb jw friend of mine:

Experiences following the Connecticut Shooting:

From a local Witness:
    "We know that many of you are concerned and have questions about the horrific events at the school here in Connecticut last Friday.

"You'll be glad to hear that no children of Jehovah's Witnesses families, nor any adults, were among the victims.

"I spoke to our Circuit Overseer tonight and he told me that there are four of our children who attend that school, and
    were there that day, also one sister who is on the staff, but they were unharmed.

"The Branch, through the Disaster Relief Desk, was on top of the situation immediately.

I received a phone call from our Circuit Overseer at work in the middle of Friday afternoon, relaying instructions from the DRK.

"They instructed us to immediately contact all of the families in our congregation to make sure that their children are not traumatized, or to offer assistance if they are.

"All of the schools in the area went into lock-down within a short time after the shootings: as soon as they heard what had happened, so of course all of the children knew something bad was happening.

"The branch also arranged a special meeting in place of the normal meeting for field service for the Danbury East and Bethel, CT, congregations.

"Our Circuit Overseer conducted the meeting at the direction of the branch. The two congregations meet in the same hall, and the Sandy Hook School is in Danbury East territory. The school's enrolment area includes parts of both congregations' territories.

"All of the congregations in the area were instructed to offer, in place of our magazine offer, the "All Suffering Soon To End" tract, or the "Comfort" brochure, to ask after the householders' well-being - and listen to what they had to say.

"We could offer comfort with an appropriate scripture if the householders were open to that. It was a different day in service. Householders would start to dismiss us, as is their usual reaction, and we would mention that we were there to ask about their welfare and offer what comfort we could.

"At almost every house I personally went to, at about that point the householders started talking, and talked at length while we listened. They were really shook.

"Every single one accepted the tract. One man who was probably around 55 or 60 at first stated, "We're fine here," in a dismissive way. The sister I was with at the door mentioned that we wanted to make sure that our neighbours were doing okay. That was all it took to get him to talk. He was almost crying, in fact his eyes were brimming with tears. He accepted the tract and thanked us for coming.

"We appreciate your concern for those close to the tragedy, and ask that you keep them in your prayers, since they were indeed traumatised by the events of that day. This is all of the information that we have at this point, and you will probably hear what the Branch has to say about the situation as soon as we do, but we thought you'd like to know whatever we could tell you."

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

That seems to be making its way around the JW e-mail circuit. It was also posted here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/243803/1/so-i-finally-call-Bethel-today

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It seems that, no matter what, the important thing is still to get that literature in people's hands.

I am sure the part about everybody accepting the tracts is exaggerated.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    we would mention that we were there to ask about their welfare and offer what comfort we could

welfare and comfort of their neighbor? JW's will do whatever they can to exploit a situation for their own benefit. An individual Witness may have such thoughts, but organizationally those are connived and manipulative tactics.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

absolutely disgusting..... i cant imagine anyone wanting someone knocking on their doors and initiating a discussion about god or the eternal on such an occasion. had they reallly wanted to do something the could have put a sign in front of the kh saying open for prayer and let those that wanted to talk talk instead of harassing people in their homes. fucking clueless morons

• donny
    donny

It is amazing how these folks use any tragedy to have an excuse to pass out literature. It was just a few weeks ago that a minsterial servant in a congregation murdered a woman who attended the hall and how that was a great opportunity to unload a carton or two of "Bible Teach" books.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"The Branch, through the Disaster Relief Desk, was on top of the situation immediately.

Oh yea they were they with counselers, monitary aid, you name it. oh wait. Oops. Nope. They were there to help people via a magazine.

"You'll be glad to hear that no children of Jehovah's Witnesses families, nor any adults, were among the victims.

Why would I be glad to hear this? Is it all ok now because although a few dozen others were slaughtered, these 5 individuals were safe.

These people are frickin bonkers

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    "All of the congregations in the area were instructed to offer, in place of our magazine offer,
    the "All Suffering Soon To End" tract, or the "Comfort" brochure, to ask after the householders' well-being - and listen to what they had to say.

Too Bad about the Dead Kids..

They would have died anyway at Armageddon..

Lucky for you..

We have WBT$ Crap for you to Read..
    http://apologista.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/testigos_predicando_de_casa_en_casa.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

• watson
    watson

Why did they need to be "instructed" to ask about the householder's well being?

• wasblind
    wasblind

OUTLAW

What will happen to young children at Armageddon?

In times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones."_________Reasoning book pages 87-48

Of course everyone who is not a Jehovah's witless is wicked . Right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit