How do you dice your apples? I am just looking for a new product to dice them.

by Iamallcool 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

I can peel, core and slice a 5 lb bag of apples in about 15 mins. add 2 minutes to dice the slices.

All with one little paring knife.

We are not into gadgets. No room for the clutter and a lot of clean-up.

PS Plastic cutting sheets are a must when prepping.

• nugget
    nugget

I hate gadgets I don't even have a microwave. I always find a knife is so much easier to wash up than a complicated chopper.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is a typical apple corer:

Just push down and it makes wedges, you throw away the core. Then you still need a knife to dice the remaining wedges.

Without this device, just use a knife for the entire process.

• Glander
    Glander

How do you crush your nuts?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

easy Glander, I almost jumped out of my skin on that one

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" How do you crush your nuts?"

Nutcracker or hammer of course.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

cut it out u guys. This whole nut crusher thing is killing me

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Don`t Crush the Nuts!..

.....................  mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I crush walnuts, pecans, in a coffee mill. Personally, I can't get enough power to use an apple corer. Clean up is an important consideration. It is much safer to handle a simple paring knife than a food processor blade.

• Glander
    Glander

A lot of fancy kitchen gadgets are simply scaled down versions of commercial kitchen appliances. Home kitchens seldom need the volume and maintenance of automated food prepping equipment. I consider home cooking to be one of the few natural artisan pleasures of life.

We have a good Oster blender - used mostly for cream soups, milkshakes and special adult beverage occasions. We have an electric coffee grinder.

We have a manual can opener

A selection of good knives, potato peelers, whisks, etc. Pots and pans, steamers, etc.

I used to always have a good butcher block cutting board but I find the plastic cutting sheets handier.

We love to cook. Especially in the winter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit